yankees42885 is offline New Member

i need some advice

hey everyone.. i have been lifting on and off for about 3 yrs.. i started off "pudgy" with a high bf% so i went like a crazy man running... i went from about 170 to 128 over one summer.. i was eating barely anything and running alot.. the problem was that i lost alot of my muscle mass too.. so now i am working hard to gain that mass back and even more.. i am 155 pounds right now with prob 10% bf. I have tried for the past two years to get bigger, but it seems my muscle just wont grow like they could before i lost all the weight.. i have tried creatine but it seems to have no effect and i have tried no2 which did nutin.... I have changed my routines several times but nothing seems to work. right now workout is
    mon-chest and tris
    wed- back and bis
    fri- shoulders
    sat-legs
    I do abs 3x a week and i run 2 or 3 times week...
    i usually eat
    meal 1- 2 wheat eng muffins, granola bar, egg beaters, protein chake
    meal two- turkey sandwich (1/2 pound of it) on multi grain, peanuts, 2 rice cakes
    meal three- protein shake, rice cakes, chicken breast
    meal four- lean meat, potato, salad with italian or vinagerette (occasionally i will eat 1/2 lb of chicken instead of lean meat)
    meal five- protein bars (30 grams), chicken breast
    iit usually adds up to 180g of protein, 300grams carbs... 3000+ cals

also when i work out my biceps, I dont even feel the burn that i got be4 i lost the it... I do the reps and the sets, however, the pump disappears quickly and they dont get stronger.. it is the same with my chest... i try to increase the weight every week but it always seems that i just cant do anymore...
    if u can tell me wuts wrong with me or whats wrong with wut i am doing i would deeply appreaciate it....

Report Post | **: Logged

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    When I can't seem to get a pump in the gym, its a pretty good sign that my body needs extended rest.
    Try this:
    1. Take a full week off; no weights or cardio, and get lots of sleep.
    2. When you start back up, stop running, or if you insist, try HIIT. No more 30 minute jogs. http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp
    3. Make sure you're getting carbs immediately after your workout. Try gatorade powder or dextrose (50-70 grams)

Thread Information