slick1921 is offline Junior Member

Good or Bad idea?

Is going to the gym and doing a full body workout 3 times a week a bad idea? Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday full body workout and then saturday and sunday rest.

Any input on this would help alot, thanks

BDTR is offline Retired
    bad idea, overtraining and way too much of a workload for one day.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    thats a overkill brotha, plus you'll be spending way too much tyme in the gym at one time. if your looking for a three day split, try a push/pull routine.

slick1921 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slick1921
    Is going to the gym and doing a full body workout 3 times a week a bad idea? Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday full body workout and then saturday and sunday rest.

Any input on this would help alot, thanks
    Any ideas of what would be a better routine?

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    if done correctly i dont see a problem with it. HST has proven to be successful for some

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    if done correctly i dont see a problem with it. HST has proven to be successful for some
    I would most definitely look into HST as suggested above. I think far too many people are far too quick to pull the overtraining card unnecessarily. A full body routine three times per week can be undertaken in such a manner as to drastic undertraining, if, for example, you were doing one set per bodypart using 50% of your 10RM for 10 reps. That is certainly an extreme example, though it illustrates my point...that being that a handful of extremely knowledgable guys dismissed your proposal as overtraining without the slightest indication of your proposed volume and/or intensity simply because it deviates rather substantially from the "traditional" training split.

BTW, here is the HST link if you'd like to take a look. Somewhere in here I put a brief summary of my experiences on HST...you may want to do a search for that. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    generally speaking, the over-training term is used way too often when actually the problem is lack of proper nutrition

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    generally speaking, the over-training term is used way too often when actually the problem is lack of proper nutrition
    How many people do you know that overtrain with proper nutrition?

How many people do you know that don't overtrain and have improper nutrition?

Usually its not just people who have bad diets or are overtraining, its usually that they are both overtraining and have bad diets. Once they do some research on training, then they would usually pick up a few things on nutrition and both would be improved, and vice versa.

TheNewSteel is offline New Member
    Unless you are genetically gifted or chemically enhanced, you will probably overtrain, unless of course you only put forth like 50% intensity, which is useless
    Working out like that would kill me, considering i can get myself sore for a week if I really push it doing like 5 sets of an exercise

Thread Information