Thread: neck

Dman is offline New Member

Talking neck

can anyone give me advise on how to work out my neck? i workout with free weights

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Maximuscle sell a head/neck harness that you can hang weights off to train your neck.I don,t ever work my neck out I guess it just grows naturally with the exc I perform anyway

Billy

Mike Guest
    I lay down on a flat bench and hold a 45 plate with a towel over my face and the plate on the towel - head hanging over the edge of the bench and do 'neck curls' - dont start with a 45 plate - see what works for YOU

Dman is offline New Member
    thanks bro

physio_sport is offline Banned
    what i used to do when i did shoalin kickboxing was do pushups and have some one put there hands on the back of my head and they used to provide manual resitance this is a strenghting exercise that will strenten your neck.
    if you do it for a while your head will shake less on impact because it doesnt move much, stopping you from being K.O.'d.
    also ive seen the head brace sold by MMuscle mentioned by billy earlier but dont know how to use it. so if any one has information on that please could you tell me how to use it and what type of exercises are done with it please.
    thanx.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    physio

you stick it on your head tighten it up and lean forward attatch the weight and move head forwards and backwards.

We do the neck thing at Ju Jitsu just never thought about it so yeah I guess I do work neck out and Mikes way I have seen done many times.At Karate we use to lay on the floor arch our backs so your head is on the floor and your feet flat to the floor and use this to strengthen the neck.

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    When I boxed we used to do a kinda movement with your neck. I wouldn't recommend this, as its a little precarious, but you would lat on you back, arch you neck and your neck would take your weight as you rolled up and down, sounds awful dosen't it! It was affective though.........but be careful if you try.

BA

cleverlandshark2001 is offline Junior Member
    those are called NECK BRIDGES.

Hey Mike,
    working those muscles in the front of the neck are great that way!
    I also see guys training the back of the neck with the harness.
    But how would you do the sides? You know, to get that width?
    Probably just some machine I suppose. Or use a partner.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I have seen machines that do that, as well as the back and front.

Mike Guest
    Yes there's a machine you can do for the horizontal motion of your neck - personally I dont like it but you dnt want to lift neck like i do - you proly wouldnt like it - I do the same as the other exercise but laying on my side with a weight on my head lifting up and downthen switch sides - you SHOULD do this with a partner thgouh and BOTH exercises should start out with LOW weights till you're ready for neck - it's an easy muscle to fuck up - good luck

Thread Information