bluemofo4 is offline New Member

Gold's -- Good or Bad??

Gold's Gym -- Who likes?? Who doesn't?? Anybody go to any in Jersey?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It will vary drastically different from franchise to franchise. Some Gold's, like the ones i used to work out at MSU are a joke, and others you will find more serious lifters.

Usually, if i were you, and looking for a hardcore gym, you probably won't find it at a franchise gym. Obviously ask around,but look in your yellow pages for something like "Iron Pitt" or something along that lines

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    I go to the one in Cranford.....it's OK. Owner is a dick but other than that......it will do. Could use some more babes though

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    My golds is pretty hardcore... but as stated above, it will vary from franchise to franchise.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Here in town they bought out the fitness place and renamed it "Gold's Gym" HAHAHA i guess if you just put some t-shirts up and change your name your a Golds. Kinda disappointing

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i dislike mine. strut99gt has had major issues with them before in ft. worth. basically, they closed for 3 weeks without warning on him and didn't reimburse him at all.

as for my gold's gym. i tried to cancel my membership and they are trying to make me go through all this hassle. they want me to call all these different numbers, fax shit to different offices...fuck that shit, i'm calling my credit card company and telling them to cease payment to gold's...=P

24 hour fitness is springing up everywhere. sure its a pansy gym, but who cares...as long as they have the equipment i need. its like $1000 for a nationwide membership for like 3 years...=) plus all their facilities are really nice. hot chicks (pansy gym, remember?), swimming pool, hot tubs, nice lockers, i guess its more like a health spa + gym...

-- cb

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    All GG's do shit like Clockworks is talking about. Mine and everyone I've ever spoke to about their GG had the same ol story. GG is a shady operation!

znak is offline Senior Member

Talking

The Gold's in Palm Beach Florida is happening. Babes galore, plenty of serious lifters and the the ower is cool.

The one is Huntsville, ALA is hardcore, but way over crowded, not many free wieght, but pretty good babe factor.

The Gold's Gym in Moscow is unreal-- serious, great equipment and unreal babe factor, but costs $1500 a year!

Thus, the answer is "it depends on the franchise".

hey znak you just gave me an excuss to go visit my parents in Huntsville LOL

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    24 hour fitness is springing up everywhere. sure its a pansy gym, but who cares...as long as they have the equipment i need. its like $1000 for a nationwide membership for like 3 years...=) plus all their facilities are really nice. hot chicks (pansy gym, remember?), swimming pool, hot tubs, nice lockers, i guess its more like a health spa + gym...
    God damn you're right about the girls at 24h.... I was on vacation to Montana (relatives...) about 6 months ago and GOOD LORD!!! Saw a couple of the hottest chicks ever. Now if I was just a little bigger....

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Like clock said, my fucking Gold's CLOSED spontaneously for 3 weeks, with a sign on the door that said "closed for tax evasion." Unfortunately, they had reciprocity with a gym 6 or so miles away from there, and it's built into the contract that the gym is maintaining its end of the contract if it provides another gym to work out in within 10 miles of your gym. So, i.e. I can't get out of my contract because they managed to cover their asses contractually. Oh, and then they have the audacity to say that we still have to pay for the month they were closed, and that they'll give us a free month "later." Fuck that. I called my credit card company and got them to dispute that away, and I haven't seen it since. :P

Hey F6969 what city here in Montana? I might have to make a little drive 8)

metalanimal5o is offline New Member
    I go to a golds in jersey and its not half bad. We get new equipment pretty regularly and, unless you go at like 6pm, you dont have to worry about overcrowding. Also the new owner used to compete and is cool as hell. If only they had better music
    Last edited by metalanimal5o; 08-10-2003 at 12:10 PM.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalanimal5o
    I go to a golds in jersey and its not half bad. We get new equipment pretty regularly and, unless you go at like 6pm, you dont have to worry about overcrowding. Also the new owner used to compete and is cool as hell. If only they had better music

where i go in jersey, its always over crowded with people. forget about going at 6 pm when people get out of work, its a mad house then. besides even arnold said u get ur best workout first thing in the morning. funny you mention the music because all they do is play this awful disco type music, its just funny to look around when you see these big guys trying to work out to this emasculated music.

Thread Information