Thread: Chest Routine

boom boom is offline New Member

Lightbulb Chest Routine

DUMBELL BENCH 3 SETS DUMP INCLINE 3 SETS FLYS AND THEN CABELS AND PUSH UPS. WHAT IS WRONG PLEASE HELP. THKS

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    Well it looks solid...Keep the form strict as possible and go as heavy as you can and give your chest time to recover before training it again.

WHAT ABOUT BENCHING???

EVEN THOUGH MOST BODYBUILDERS DONT USE THE FLAT BARBELL PRESS IT IS A GOOD MASS EXCERSIZE TECHNIQUE...DEPENDING ON HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN LIFTING BENCHING IS A GOOD WAY TO ADD SIZE...IF YOU CAN EASILY (JUST GUESSING) DO 315 5-6 REPS YOU MAY NOT BEABLE TO DO THE SAME WITH DUMBELLS AT 150LBS A PIECE...SO IN THIS CASE MORE WEIGHT IS BETTER....

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I personally love Flat Barbell press and I think it's great for adding mass.

boom boom is offline New Member
    THANKS ALOT GUYS ANYTHING ELSE

MUSTANG_18 is offline Associate Member
    I personally like this one
    Flat bench press 3 sets
    Incline Dumbell Press 3 sets
    Weighted Dips 3 sets
    Cable cross overs or Flys 2-3 sets
    6-8 reps as heavy as possable while maintaining good form through out. I do a warm up set for every movement and always have a spotter to help me sqeeze out those forced reps. I promise this will improve your chest a great deal

M18

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I think you need to incorporate the mighty flat bench into your routine. I disagree with MPA about bodybuilders not flat benching most top bodybuilder are damn good benchers, they lift heavy weight. Thats how they build such thickness. In my opinion you have to train heavy to build quality size.

My routine looks like this.

Flat Bench 4 X 4-8
    Incline Bench 45 degree 4X 6-8
    Incline DB Fly 3 X 6-8
    Smith Machine decline 2 X 8-10

Always warmup before starting your working sets

DR...GOOD POINT.......

I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE WROTE THAT BETTER...FROM THE MAGAZINES THAT I'VE READ IT SEEMS THE TOP BODYBUILDERS DO FLAT BENCH TO GET THE MASS AND WE ALL KNOW WHY THEY HAVE A GREAT BECH PRESS RIGHT?..BUT ONCE THE GET TO A CERTAIN LEVEL-ONCE THEY GET THAT MASS WE ALL IT SEEMS THE TOP GUYS CONCENTRATE MORE EVERYTHING ELSE BUT FLAT BENCHING...I ALWAYS SEE LIKE IN MUSCLE MAG OR FLEX THOSE GUYS ARE KILLING THE INCLINE PRESS, BURNING UP THE CABLE CROSSOVERS, DO WEIGHTED DIPS, HEAVY INCLINE BUMBELL PRESSES AND PULL OVERS TOO...BUT AGAIN TO EACH HIS OWN...

Keywestlifter is offline Junior Member

I change it up...

Personally, I like doing my heavy movements on incline barbell presses. 4sets piramiding with the last two sets 3-5 reps, warming up with a set or two 12-10 reps. Then Flat dumbbell presses or flys. If I do flat dumbbell presses I go heavy as possible running the rack up not down. Then dips adding weight as I go until I can honestly say that I am at failure. Then rap it up with machine presses either flat, decline or incline, its a freebee as far as I'm concerned. Rest, I need 5 days. I work 4 days on 1 day off. But thats just me. I focus upper chest. Its easier and more natural to do flat or decline for me so I force upper Pec development. And guess what, my incline max rivels my flat max at the tune of about 80-85%

Good Luck

Denmark is offline Junior Member

Re: I change it up...

My routine is:
    3 sets of incline Bench press
    2 sets of incline flyes
    3 sets of flat dumbell press
    2 sets in the pec deck

i do my sets- 8-6-6 reps

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Stick to the meat and two veg..
    3 flat barbell press
    3 incline BB press
    3 flat flys.
    Thats all you will need for mass you can include the shaping exercises after you have built a good mass foundation...

and you should of posted this in the workout section.

Hey guys, I think that a big bench should be the meat and potatoes of any chest routine (Flat or Incline), but I didn’t hear much advise on pre exhausting techniques. About every 3-4 chest w/o I like to start with fly’s, (dumbbells/machine) just to increase blood flow to that area and give the chest a little bit of a pre w/o before I start. I’ve notice a lot with beginners, or even the more advanced pressers that the majority of them end up with repetitive mediocre chest w/o’s because the refuse to change. The problem a lot of the time is that during the heavy press days, one’s triceps will tend to get wiped out before their chest muscles have reached Max potential. Hell, try leaving your pressing till the end of your w/o. You can take this advice or leave it. It’s up to you. I’ve just notice that a lot of guys are solely concentrating on HOWMUCHYABENCH rather than anything else, and the quality of their chest development shows it. It’s also not to mention a great way to give the joints and tendons a well-deserved break after all of those weeks of heavy pressing.

Originally posted by THE BIG RED MACHINE
    Hey guys, I think that a big bench should be the meat and potatoes of any chest routine (Flat or Incline), but I didn’t hear much advise on pre exhausting techniques. About every 3-4 chest w/o I like to start with fly’s, (dumbbells/machine) just to increase blood flow to that area and give the chest a little bit of a pre w/o before I start. I’ve notice a lot with beginners, or even the more advanced pressers that the majority of them end up with repetitive mediocre chest w/o’s because the refuse to change. The problem a lot of the time is that during the heavy press days, one’s triceps will tend to get wiped out before their chest muscles have reached Max potential. Hell, try leaving your pressing till the end of your w/o. You can take this advice or leave it. It’s up to you. I’ve just notice that a lot of guys are solely concentrating on HOWMUCHYABENCH rather than anything else, and the quality of their chest development shows it. It’s also not to mention a great way to give the joints and tendons a well-deserved break after all of those weeks of heavy pressing.
    Amen, brutha!

When I hit a sticking point, that is exactly what I do. I start with 3-4 sets of dumbell flys, then hit the bench. Ohhhhhh, what a pump!

Thread Information