SoccerObe is offline Junior Member

my left tricep is alot weaker than my right. How can i get my left tricep caught up?

I just started workin out maybe a month or so ago. I have noticed my left tricep is considerably weaker than my right one. what can i do to even my triceps out without making one bigger or stronger than the other?

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Use dumbell movements. This will allow your weak tri to catch up to your stronger one. Make sure to always use the same poundage for example 35lb Dumbells for kickbacks...not a 35lb for your weak arm and a 40lb for your strong arm. Do this for a while and they should even out.

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    bump w/db same amount of reps and weight, lying db extension work great

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I agree with both of the guys. My left tri was stronger than my right, but now they're pretty much even. I did laying db presses and when my weaker arm gave out, I just stopped the other one also.

ya my left tri will give way before my right one will. i have been stoppin when my left gives so i guess thats good.

Swellin Guest
    Not just dumbells, but use one arm cable movements as well. Use very strict form and 1 arm movements.

These guys don't mean to use dumbells only on tricep exercises either. You can incorporate dumbells into many exercises. Even if you want to keep using barbells, supplement the training with dumbells.

i have been doing barbells, dumbells, and machines last. but maybe its my workout schedule. is it good to do chest/tri on mon.
    back/ bis. on tues.
    shoulder/legs on wed.
    chest/tri. on thurs.
    back/bis. on fri.
    shoulders on sat.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Try using dumbells. Bro i have the same prob only its with my biceps. My left bicep is the same size as the right, but considerably weaker.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is what I did and it helped mine equal out.....I started every rep(dumbells or cables) with my weaker arm first(for me it's my left side).....if I could only get 10 reps with the left then that's all I did for the right(with the same weight)....now they have equaled out and I can start with either arm now.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    This is what I did and it helped mine equal out.....I started every rep(dumbells or cables) with my weaker arm first(for me it's my left side).....if I could only get 10 reps with the left then that's all I did for the right(with the same weight)....now they have equaled out and I can start with either arm now.
    I have done that very same thing, with the same result.

The only problem with limiting the reps on your strong side is short changing that side. It could be growing more. I guess that brings up a priority issue.

ya i have been startin with my left arm first and then doin that same number with my right for 6 weeks now. they have both got a lot stronger but my right is still stronger than my left.

Thread Information