Thread: Over Training?

slick1921 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Over Training?

I was just wondering what your opnion ofmy workout is. I am just returning to the gym after several shoulder injuries so im taking it really slow and my workout routine is pretty simple right now. Do you think doing this 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday is to much?

6'2 130lbs 18yrs old

3 sets/10 reps

1. Squats - Body weight

2. Pushups - Body weight

3. Lunges - Body weight

4. Lat pull down - 60lbs

5. TB External Rotations (TB: are those rubber bands "ther bands" i think)

6. Crunches - 20 reps

7. TB Drawing the sword

8. Dumbell curl - 10lbs (laugh at me if u want)

9. Tricep Extension - with rope, 25lbs

10. Jack knifes -SB (Knees to chest)

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    if i were u i would divide up ur workouts a little bit more. such as doing upper body exercises on monday and friday and lower body on wednesday. then the next week switching it and doing lower body monday and friday and upper body on wednesday. doing that workout seems to be alot and would take a long time. just take it slow and keep good form and dont worry about the weight ur doing. anybody that would critisize somebody about what their lifting is just straight up immature. goodluck

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's pretty good braddah - but remeber not to get stuck in "machine land". Use lots of compound free weight movements as the bread and butter to your routine. In the beginning you may be a bit shakey and not be able to handle a load like some of the more advanced trainee's - but everyone starts at the beginning (the first adaptations occur in the tendons and CNS - the mind muscle connection, only after them does the muscle really begin to hypertrophy and get stronger). And remember, it's not how much you lift, it's 'how' you lift it. Practice good form and don't ego-train.

Your routine should focus on these movements: Barbell Bench Press, Barbell Rows, Deadlifts, Squats, Barbell Curls, Tricep Dips, and Military Press (in front of your head).

Also - you are a beginner, train like one. Take it one step at a time and find your supercompensation curve - which for now, that should be somewhere around training each bodypart around 2X per week. And most of all be sure to EAT often and get plenty of sleep and you will grow.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Wrote this thread out awhile ago, maybe you might like it (illustrated and everything...): Supercompensation Explained

slick1921 is offline Junior Member

Talking

Thanks alot for your input guys

Thread Information