Tooltime is offline New Member

Question The day after a workout.

I was wondering how sore you should be after a workout, if any? After my arm routine I really don't feel that sore the next day. I was thinking the soreness was an indication that the muscle was rebuilding after it was broken down. I'm worried about overtraining and I think I might be too cautious. Is there anything to watch to help judge this?

This is probably a rookie question but any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

dickdonuts is offline New Member
    hey Tooltime, i'm a "rookie" too, working out for almost 2 years. in that time I've wondered the same thing about muscle soreness. Almost everytime I train my chest I get sore, but everytime I train my back I barely feel anything at all?! Same for legs and arms, my legs will ache for days, my bi's will be kinda stiff, but my tri's, sometimes nothing. I can't explain why, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've heard if you feel WAY sore the next day after a workout (especially if your new to training) you went a bit too heavy and should ease back a bit. I've also heard that muscle soreness doesn't necissarily mean you'll make gains (like my back, I've had nice gains, but not much soreness). I think it's different for evryone, so don't invest too much into it.

As for overtraing, get enough sleep, eat right, take some "rest days" and you should be fine.

From one newbie to another, I hope this helps.

CHEERS!

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Well, soreness does not equal growth. It usually happens when you do something different in your routine. Yes, some people get sore every time after working a specific body part, but increases in weight, reps,and the tape measure are good signs of growing.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

My back has never gotten sore but I can not believe how it grew. MY chest
    gets sore but not too often. mostly when I increase the weight. It lasts for
    about 2 weeks. Other part really do not get sore but I've gained in most areas.

Hey there Bobbo23.....did you try to login as Bobbo at first?

Bobbo

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo

Hey there Bobbo23.....did you try to login as Bobbo at first?

Bobbo
    Yes.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    My wife calls me Bobbo

Thread Information