bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member

Muscle rest question

I'm new to this forum, and although I've been going to the gym for a year and a half I've just realized that I'mdoing a lot wrong.

I keep readin how important it is to let a muscle rest for days after working it so that it can heal and grow. Is it bad if I play a sport that uses a muscle the day after I work it, or should I only not lift weights with it again. For example, yesterday I worked my biceps and triceps and I have a softball game today. Will throwing the ball/swinging the bat inhibit my muscle growth, or will it not matter as long as I dont lift a heavy weight?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, you always want to lift the heavy weight reguardless. Otherwise, you might as well be doing pilates. Yes, you may have to give it a few more days before working out again. In general, during the season, I would extend your rest interval. I would not suggest letting the weight lifting thing take priority over athletics though. Think of it as a supplement to the sport. I remember playing games after leg workouts. Needless to say, my play suffered.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    you're going to be fine working your muscles the day after you lift. lifting the same muscle two days in a row however is a horrible idea for the most part. the only exception i can think of is once a month blast your arms twice a day. i read it in a recent muscle and fitness magazine or something. anyway, that's besides the point. running and doing exercise the day after u train is a great idea since you're in a sport. it'll get rid of the lactic acid

--hawk

Thread Information