Thread: Chest problems

bmfwalton is offline New Member

Chest problems

For 2 years now I have been fighting my chest problem. My left chest is bigger and more defined then my right. Even though I am right handed. I did the whole "just use dumbells method" and it didn't work. Mt left would still get more sore then my right, even though there both pushing up the same weight. One thing I did notice is when I lifted dumbells on the first set, first exercise I could feel my chest lifting the weight on my left but felt nothing on the right. I tried different positions and couldn't seem to make my right arm match up with my left. I was a pitcher and a quarterback for years. Could this be a factor? Maybe an injury from pitching so much? I don't know, any info could help!!!

TheNewSteel is offline New Member
    I have the same problem, but it isn't just my chest.
    I am right handed and the right side of my chest is bigger while the left tricep is bigger than right. My chest evened out when i was doing strictly static contractions on flat bench just to try them out. But after I went back to normal training it went back to being bigger. My triceps are a totally different story, nothing changes them, right one always looks like it is missing a head when compared to left.

GARO123 is offline New Member
    i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.MY LEFT PEC IS BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN MY RIGHT.I TRY DIFFERENT MOVEMENTS AND IT STILL HAPPENS.I ALSO NEED SOME TIPS.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you might have a tricep imbalance. Is your right tricep more powerful than your left?

Try doing flye's to failure instead of benching for awhile. If done correctly, this targets the pectoralis muscle directly without tricep involvement. What I consider correct movement is when your elbow is at the same angle during the entire exercise; slightly bent, no straigtening or bending.

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    Bump W/mmc78, Even Doing Flyes Prior To Presses Would Help

Jade_7674 is offline Junior Member

Me also!

Quote Originally Posted by bmfwalton
    For 2 years now I have been fighting my chest problem. My left chest is bigger and more defined then my right. Even though I am right handed. I did the whole "just use dumbells method" and it didn't work. Mt left would still get more sore then my right, even though there both pushing up the same weight. One thing I did notice is when I lifted dumbells on the first set, first exercise I could feel my chest lifting the weight on my left but felt nothing on the right. I tried different positions and couldn't seem to make my right arm match up with my left. I was a pitcher and a quarterback for years. Could this be a factor? Maybe an injury from pitching so much? I don't know, any info could help!!!

i AHAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! iT BUGS THE HECK OUT OF ME.. I have done everything possible, similiar to what you did. I completely changed my arm width, then hand position; started to feel a little bit of resistance, but nothing like my left... I also was a pitcher in college and I think that over the course of many years of pitching it stretched my right arm a 1/2 inch longer, starting from the shoulder joint which in turn keeps all the resistance on the left when going towards the down position, therfore, leaving the right in a resting motion being that it is longer so there is no resistance on the pec muscle for it to grow.

Try doing dips on chest days, and concentrate on the isolation of the Pec muscle going down but not to go to where you pass the point of resistance!!

Good Luck and let me know how things work out( I know I will still be doing my experiments also!!

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I wounder if you mover your hands way out on the bar for flat and incline if that would help. I know for me i hade to do that becouse me triceps were doing all the work on my bench. Doing flys seems like the right idea also. I have a simaler prob with my arms adn delts. I am a barber, and doing the same movements all day makes my left shoulder have more stamina and right one bigger. Also my left forearm is much bigger than my right. No matter what I do they get the same. They are closer now but still diff.

eggplant is offline Member
    hey guys..i haf the same prob...my left chestt is bigger and stronger than right..and i'm doin all dumbells...try to build a mind to muscle link..i oso haf prob like "left chest more sore than right after training"...and dats when i lost concentration...and i get pretty down after knowing i didnt hit the right more harder..haha..try using a weight that challenges the weaker side..and...STRETCH!..HOPE THIS HELPS!

p/s: never do dips when u haf imbalance chest..it will worsen it..do decline dumbells instead

peace,
    eggplant

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    i have the same **** problem...it really is a downer...cause i hit chest like an animal....i have tried everything...doing extra sets and ****...i dont know what to do....ill have to concentrate more on flys or some ****...with my shirt off u cant really tell but when i feel them i can tell...my friends call me crazy...lol...

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I don't worry about it anymore, the opposite of every muscle you have is gonna be bigger on one side, or have a different structure. If it wasn't you wouldn't be human.

Thread Information