CYCLEON Guest

Sprinting for MASS!!

one thing ive been doing lately that has had very good results has been adding in two days of sprints everyweek. There is a park with some steps (bout 120) near where I live and this has really helped. my routine:

Set 1 - up/down the stairs 1 step at a time, 2 steps up/1down, then 3 up/1down all as fast as safely possible. Rest 90-120 seconds

Set 2 - repeat
    Set 3 - repeat
    Set 4 - 15 seconds sprinting, 90 seconds rest/walk
    Set 5 - 20 seconds sprinting, 120 seconds rest/walk
    Set 6 - 25 seconds sprinting, done

I do the stairs first so im not so tired that i trip. I can feel and see my legs growing and my wind has gotten better at just doing this for the last month or so - I used to do this off and on but not quite so precise. Cant wait to do this on the next cycle!!!!!!

Mike Guest
    That sounds great actually - I wish that I had something like that round where I lived - great cardio and nice leg workout at the same time - I get too damn bored with walking/running on machines that dont go anywhere!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Rocky springs to mind!!

Billy

CYCLEON Guest
    mike tthe stairs arent absolutely necessary - I like them tho since they really do help my hams/glutes on that 3 step - a strait 6 sprints like the last 3 sets can be done anywhere - if your near the water, the sand is great for that. Very hard to sprint in the sand. uh oh, more rocky -darn I was thinking I was origional too

Mike Guest
    Yeah that's also a good idea - I need something with terrain and changing scenery - like i said I get bored easily - I used to run at the beach and it kicked my ass - I think I may start that up again for a while but would really like to find some steps - I like that idea - I may just go to the local schools or something

CYCLEON Guest
    yeah, a lot of colleges have good steps or churches (not that youve ever spent much time in either of those, ill bet.... he... he....)

Mike Guest
    LOL funny thing is you're WAY too close to the truth

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I used to run up the stairs of a 60,000 seat football stadium but it was hell on my back (car accident).

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    If I was running up the steps of a Uni or college it would,nt last long with the talent on offer

What am I saying??

Billy

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Lunges

I can belive that hole heartly. About a year ago I use to teach a body sculpting class. Since the majority of the peolpe who took the class was women I concentrated on lunges and squats since women useually hold more body fat in these areas. It only took about 3 months for my body fat to drop as low as it has ever been (About 5% at the time) and my quads really bloomed out great. I even begin getting alot of the guys I worked out with in the gym to begin taking the class. Unfortunately the ownership of the gym swapped hands and the new owner canceled the class.
    Tobey
    Last edited by Tobey; 09-10-2001 at 07:53 PM.

Thread Information