Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    Hollymotherf*&^$shi!!!!!

Ok... Did Ronny's today at the gym. I did not pass out, but came close once. It was cool. Everything greyed out into a small circle of light at the end of a tunnel. I sat down at once in case I lost it, I would not have a big fall.

I only made it to the 9th set. The muscles in my lower back did not have the endurance and pretty much gave out. I found out that you can't squat when you can't stand up. At least I discovered a weak point to fix (lower back). The back muscles just pumped up and felt like they were going to explode.

Since I wussed out on the last three sets, I did extensions, curls and calves to make up.

OK... Legs' mega workout in seven more days.
    aww not gonna do em both in the same week? hehe
    Good job man... I got another one its kinda like Ronnies but slight different.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    O.K., bol just went threw the 2nd wk. of that alsome leg workout...man my legs feel like friggin jello. I think I'm ready for the next 2 wk workout plan. Gotta keep hittin my legs hard and intense...gotta go from think those are legs to damn look at those legs.

Also thanks for the calf workout...did it last wk and will hit it again friday. Just wondering ever done a 2 1/2 minute calf routine...45 degree calf machine(60 secs.), donkey calf raises(30 secs.), hip sled calf raises(30 secs.), and seated calf raises(30 secs.)...this really fills my calfs with blood and they get alittle sore too.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    O.K., bol just went threw the 2nd wk. of that alsome leg workout...man my legs feel like friggin jello. I think I'm ready for the next 2 wk workout plan. Gotta keep hittin my legs hard and intense...gotta go from think those are legs to damn look at those legs.

Also thanks for the calf workout...did it last wk and will hit it again friday. Just wondering ever done a 2 1/2 minute calf routine...45 degree calf machine(60 secs.), donkey calf raises(30 secs.), hip sled calf raises(30 secs.), and seated calf raises(30 secs.)...this really fills my calfs with blood and they get alittle sore too.
    Ya Ive hit calves like that... it hurts . Try doing 45 degree machine 15 reps toes pointed in,15 reps toes pointed out,10 reps toes straight..... no rest.. then do this for 4-6 sets

Ill post my next one for ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Ya Ive hit calves like that... it hurts . Try doing 45 degree machine 15 reps toes pointed in,15 reps toes pointed out,10 reps toes straight..... no rest.. then do this for 4-6 sets

Ill post my next one for ya'll
    I'll do that for calves today...but wouldn't it be less painful to just run my winnie threw a meatgrinder.........

I'll do that for calves today...but wouldn't it be less painful to just run my winnie threw a meatgrinder.........
    Probably But you gotta be able to use that thing... you dont need your calves

mass junkie is offline banned
    Probably But you gotta be able to use that thing... you dont need your calves
    hey big howd it go at the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    hey big howd it go at the competition?
    Hey man I bombed it... took last place outta the 7 open mens... I knew I wasnt ready for the show but did it anyway. Ill post a pic probably tomorrow when I get it scanned... But hey the judges gave me the #1 for posing... so last year I have the body and needed posing work... this year it was the otherway around... and next year ILL HAVE IT!! hehe O and I was the biggest MOFO there.... even bigger than the guest poser.. terry baldwin I believe his name was.. just not cut enough.

Hey man I bombed it... took last place outta the 7 open mens... I knew I wasnt ready for the show but did it anyway. Ill post a pic probably tomorrow when I get it scanned... But hey the judges gave me the #1 for posing... so last year I have the body and needed posing work... this year it was the otherway around... and next year ILL HAVE IT!! hehe O and I was the biggest MOFO there.... even bigger than the guest poser.. terry baldwin I believe his name was.. just not cut enough.
    Sorry to hear that....just chalk it up to experience bro.............we were all rooting for you

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Sorry to hear that....just chalk it up to experience bro.............we were all rooting for you
    Thanks mass... Ya im always learning something new.. I think im not gonna bulk to 270 now.. im gonna stay around 220-230 and cut to 200 for comp next year... And bust out some "Vince Taylor.. Terminator" style..

Thanks mass... Ya im always learning something new.. I think im not gonna bulk to 270 now.. im gonna stay around 220-230 and cut to 200 for comp next year... And bust out some "Vince Taylor.. Terminator" style..
    yeah bro def post some pics..........

Damn bro sorry to hear that...now u know what it's gonna take to bring it all home. Hey bol since your bigger than the guest poser then maybe next yr. u can be the winner and the guest poser all in one.

Talking Next Session

Superset Squats with Hack squats... 4 sets pyramid weight up reps 10-12 on each set

Single-leg Leg Press... 4 sets pyramid weight up reps 12-15

Leg Extensions... 3 sets with last set a drop set.. pyramid weight up reps 12-15

Stiff-leg DeadLifts 4 sets reps 12-15

Seated HamCurls... 6 sets pyramid weight up reps 12-15 last 3 sets drop sets

Try these out for 2 weeks now.

Superset Squats with Hack squats... 4 sets pyramid weight up reps 10-12 on each set

Single-leg Leg Press... 4 sets pyramid weight up reps 12-15

Leg Extensions... 3 sets with last set a drop set.. pyramid weight up reps 12-15

Stiff-leg DeadLifts 4 sets reps 12-15

Seated HamCurls... 6 sets pyramid weight up reps 12-15 last 3 sets drop sets

Try these out for 2 weeks now.
    Got it copied and pasted...It will be tomorrow before I hit legs...I'll let u know how painful this one is.

I just want to know who's gonna drive me home from the gym? TAXI

Got it copied and pasted...It will be tomorrow before I hit legs...I'll let u know how painful this one is.

I just want to know who's gonna drive me home from the gym? TAXI
    BUST EM UP!!!

BUST EM UP!!!
    WOW.... ...squats/hacks superset kicked my ass bro...it was brutal, but I didn't stop had to finish the workout.

Failing is not an option!! I might not be able to move my legs tomorrow or the next day, but I can't wait to do this workout again next wk. Now I gotta recover these getting larger legs.

Ow, for any bros who haven't tried bigs leg workouts.......There the BOMB.

Next Session

Heres another addition the the Bigol'leg Thread

12 sets squats... as follows.. each set go UP weight

Set1.. 25 reps
    Set2.. 23 reps
    Set3.. 20 reps
    Set4.. 20 reps <-- exception same weight
    Set5.. 18 reps
    Set6.. 16 reps
    Set7.. 15 reps
    Set8.. 12 reps
    Set9.. 12 reps
    Set10. 10 reps
    Set11. 8 reps
    Set12. 6 reps

And thats it... should be enough for total leg shocker workout this session

Da Bull is offline Banned

Set1.. 25 reps
    Set2.. 23 reps
    Set3.. 20 reps
    Set5.. 18 reps
    Set6.. 16 reps
    Set7.. 15 reps
    Set8.. 12 reps
    Set9.. 12 reps
    Set10. 10 reps
    Set11. 8 reps
    Set12. 6 reps

Did similar to that today,less 2 sets.I love squats.great mass builder

Set1.. 25 reps
    Set2.. 23 reps
    Set3.. 20 reps
    Set5.. 18 reps
    Set6.. 16 reps
    Set7.. 15 reps
    Set8.. 12 reps
    Set9.. 12 reps
    Set10. 10 reps
    Set11. 8 reps
    Set12. 6 reps

Damn bol, I really like this one. Gonna bust them up again next week. I'm starting to enjoy leg day...never thought I would say that.

Do the squats balls to the floor or about parallel?
    Doing this for the next two wks. then I will return for more brutal pain.

just go parallel... so if you think your going low enough go a little lower.. hehe

Bump for crosby7117

you guys all seem like you are training for the pump, do any of you guys think you might be over training at all, don't get me wrong I love to train legs and get that huge pump, but all those reps hell big ol legs you will produce enough lactic acid to slow down an army, I have been studying a lot on how not to train for the pump when you work out but it is almost impossible to not overtrain, I guess what I am saying is don't you think it is possible to get the same results with less reps and heavier weight and jost throw in some crazy reps every once in a while, just a question not a insult.

Whatch agonna do.....

hehe these are my normal workouts.. you should see my heavy stuff

hehe these are my normal workouts.. you should see my heavy stuff
    Alright big....done all the workouts so far.....now lets see the heavy stuff...I gotta get to the 2k club.

Check your pm....you'll like it....there are some suckers in this world. They just think they know how to work legs.

Alright big....done all the workouts so far.....now lets see the heavy stuff...I gotta get to the 2k club.

Check your pm....you'll like it....there are some suckers in this world. They just think they know how to work legs.
    hey man did ya ever get a leg measurement in? so ya know if your growing?

Next two weeks are OPEN weeks.. do what you feel is good and right... then Ill shock em again into another growth phase!!

hey man did ya ever get a leg measurement in? so ya know if your growing?

Next two weeks are OPEN weeks.. do what you feel is good and right... then Ill shock em again into another growth phase!!
    Now I've only done one wk. of the squat workout...so do I need to do it again next wk.before the 2 wks. open?

Haven't measured anything since around march...I've always been told to measure the leg 10" from the top of the knee, is this right? I will measure legs tomorrow. How often should I measure my legs?

For some reason my legs get stronger but don't add size like other body parts...my calves have no genetics what so ever...I have to hit them twice per week to do any good.

I like the heavy weight on leg day, but the supersets and higher reps from your workouts have brought new life to my legs. So keep them coming.

Ya hit it up again next week then the 2 open... I measure the biggest part.. but it sounds like 10" is about right.. different for people beacuse of different lengths of legs. Measure 1 a month.

I will change it up were your doing heavy sets.. just right when you should be getting used to higher reps.

Ya hit it up again next week then the 2 open... I measure the biggest part.. but it sounds like 10" is about right.. different for people beacuse of different lengths of legs. Measure 1 a month.

I will change it up were your doing heavy sets.. just right when you should be getting used to higher reps.
    Thanks again for all your help big....Your 2k on the sled is my motivation....u got any pics with all that weight on the sled...plus the poor sob's with their body weight wrote on their foreheads.

naw I wish I woulda got a pic... but they wouldnt go for the marker on the forehead!!! hehe

naw I wish I woulda got a pic... but they wouldnt go for the marker on the forehead!!! hehe
    Well next time u got the sled loaded up get one of the little people to take a pic...just get shirts for them to wear with their bodyweight wrote on the chest...that should work.

Bump

Bump
    SIR!!! DO YOU NEED ANOTHER???

SIR!!! DO YOU NEED ANOTHER???
    After next week bro....bumbed in responce to the bermich thread.....so others could enjoy the pain of their quads being on fire and looking very funny walking.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Bigol' i've got a question for ya...

I've noticed that hacks are a regular part of these workouts - i usually avoid them because they aggravate my knee (torn ACL a few years ago). Most other lifts are fine, in fact I'm working back above 1K on the leg press (i was proud until i read your 2k...new motivation though).

Any suggestions for a leg shocker that doesn't involve hacks?

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    im doing it next week!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    im doing it next week!!!!!
    Which one.............or u gonna do all in one workout.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Bigol' i've got a question for ya...

I've noticed that hacks are a regular part of these workouts - i usually avoid them because they aggravate my knee (torn ACL a few years ago). Most other lifts are fine, in fact I'm working back above 1K on the leg press (i was proud until i read your 2k...new motivation though).

Any suggestions for a leg shocker that doesn't involve hacks?
    just substitute hacks with leg presses

cb25 is offline Banned
    just substitute hacks with leg presses
    with pleasure...

i love leg day, so i can't wait to try your workout - i'm thinking Saturday late afternoon when the gym's a little less crowded will be d-day for my poor legs...

Well ya asked for it.. so heres a hard-core heavy lift.

Warm-up 3 sets leg extensions
    4 sets squats 4 reps... failure
    4 sets Leg press "feet together" 4 reps
    4 sets Hack squats "wide stance" 4 reps
    4 sets Stiff-leg Deads 6 reps
    4 sets Leg Curls 6 reps
    4 sets Bar Lunges 4 reps (failure)

Be sure to have a spotter cause I MEAN FAILURE!!

Well ya asked for it.. so heres a hard-core heavy lift.

Warm-up 3 sets leg extensions
    4 sets squats 4 reps... failure
    4 sets Leg press "feet together" 4 reps
    4 sets Hack squats "wide stance" 4 reps
    4 sets Stiff-leg Deads 6 reps
    4 sets Leg Curls 6 reps
    4 sets Bar Lunges 4 reps (failure)

Be sure to have a spotter cause I MEAN FAILURE!!
    Damn bro that looks sweet.........yea I'll have to get a bro from the gym to spot me(even though we got a power rack)....maybe even get a sucker to work in with me next week......do this for 2 weeks or only one?

Just do it once... then do your own for 2 weeks.. then do another shocker!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information