BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member

Breathing Technique

Just Wanted To Get A General Answer On This Subject Because Everyone Is Different Or Does Breathing Make A Difference When Working Out?? For Example On Chest Presses I Find It Better To Inhale When The Bar Or Dumbbells Are Above Me And Exhale When They Are At The Lowest Point..back Exercises Inhale When I Pull Etc.. What Works Best For You Guys...

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Do You Need To Type Every Word With A Captial Letter Like This "Oh My God, That Is Screwed Up!". Not to be a jerk but it's kinda sad.

What Are You Some Type Of English Professor With A Attitude?? I Mean Whats Your Beef? I Believe The Thread Was About A "breathing Technique" Not Criticize Typing

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=BIG BRUJO]What Are You Some Type Of English Professor With A Attitude??

AHAHAHAHAHA, but yah, seriously, who cares if he typed with caps, just answer the question. As long as I can read what his writing, no problems here. By the way, I have always exhaled while pressing. Later

Ok I Will Be A l337 d00d Too! Look At This. How Old Are You 15?

Duh breathing makes a difference. Too many people hold their breath while lifting last reps ona heavy set. Good way to get lightheaded and drop the barbell right on your neck.

haha your funny "calipso" all you had to do was answer the question if not then go on to the next thread, right,, and im 24 if that makes you happy so i didnt mean to get your panties in a bunch...the reason i set up this thread is to just see what everyones opinion on the subject was if you wanna pick a fight go do that in your neighborhod not over the computer it really doesnt make sense...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BRUJO
    haha your funny "calipso" all you had to do was answer the question if not then go on to the next thread, right,, and im 24 if that makes you happy so i didnt mean to get your panties in a bunch...the reason i set up this thread is to just see what everyones opinion on the subject was if you wanna pick a fight go do that in your neighborhod not over the computer it really doesnt make sense...
    Breath on your exertion portion of the exercise. If you don't breath you are looking for trouble.

However someone was telling me a of a study of holding your breath, to increase power. He said that the study stated that by doing this your torso area is stronger and has a better ablility to support a heavier load.

I however do not recommend this. If you want an brain aneurysm go ahead.

As for the captials at the beggining of every word issue. I can see why he got on your case. It actually makes it more difficult to read. Just like those who choose to type all in CAPS LOCK. We give them shit too!!

Ya I feel shredz, its just annoying turning it off and on due to my job type which for some dumb reason requires that all documents I send to outside customers is in "CAPS"...As for the study you mentioned, I read something related to that as well. Sometimes in the gym I see guys who forget to breathe on certain presses and look like they are about to burst a blood vessel...

Oh and thanks for explaining the caps issue to me.. i didnt know that others had a hard time reading that

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Oh and thanks for explaining the caps issue to me.. i didnt know that others had a hard time reading that
    Anytime!!

3 different threads in different forums I looked at your posts like "WHAT THE FUCK IS HE WRITING?". It's too hard on the eyes for some reason thus my pointing it out.

my bad it wont happen,

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Also before your sets make sure you do some heavy deep breathing, it help pump that oxygen in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Also before your sets make sure you do some heavy deep breathing, it help pump that oxygen in.
    The only part of my workout routine that sucks is my breathing. Having been around smokers for so long I'm having a difficult time getting a good breathing tech down. Instead of being able to do a heavy set of 8-9 I get it down to like 5-6. It sucks but I'm still looking for some of that yoga breathing shit.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    try doing some cardio to help improve breathing. Or even swimming. that helps you.

Thread Information