bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Workout then cardio then workout then cardio???

Im curious if I am wrong or right.
    a few girlfriends of mine were discussing their gym and the workout methods their trainers described to them.
    They were saying that they were told to work on their arms, go do cardio, then do arms again, then do cardio, then do arms again.
    Basically let the muscle rest and then work on it again

I always thought this was the WRONG WAY to workout.
    I thought it was bad to work on a muscle, let it rest and let all the blood leave that area, then work it out again when it is cold.

The girls mentioned they do their sit ups the same way. Sit ups then go on the cycle and then do sit ups again and repeat.

Let me know if I am wrong in thinking they were giving bad advice.
    I just always assumed you are supposed to work on that muscle and stay on that muscle until you are done with all the reps.

Ive never heard (until the other day) that breaks in between was the way to go.
    Do the muscles then do cardio afterwards.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I don't really follow the logic behind that one at all. I thought the whole point behind cardio is to get the blood moving, get the heart rate up and keep it elevated for a set period of time to add in fat burning. Granted cardio is accumulative and short cycles, 15 minutes per session, due to a persons schedule and time constrictions are better then no cardio at all but to break up a session on purpose is lost on me. As for the weightlifting, giving the muscle a rest, anywhere from 30 seconds up to 3 minuets depending on your goal, is meant to give the muscle a chance to recover just enough to get another good lift in with a good amount of weight. But to give it that long of a rest, of what you are describing, is lost on me as well. Very interesting theory though, I loved to read other peoples opinions on this one for sure.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Me too. These were three girls from TWO different gyms. I told them their trainer was an idiot. Then the other girl said her trainer told her the same thing.
    I didnt wanna keep it going because at that point I started to wonder if there was something I was over looking.
    Maybe girls dont train as hard and they can take 15 minute breaks and go back to that same muscle.

Anyway. BUMP. Come on. Do I have to have some sex story in my thread to get responses???
    Geez

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Im curious if I am wrong or right.
    a few girlfriends of mine were discussing their gym and the workout methods their trainers described to them.
    They were saying that they were told to work on their arms, go do cardio, then do arms again, then do cardio, then do arms again.
    Basically let the muscle rest and then work on it again

I always thought this was the WRONG WAY to workout.
    I thought it was bad to work on a muscle, let it rest and let all the blood leave that area, then work it out again when it is cold.

The girls mentioned they do their sit ups the same way. Sit ups then go on the cycle and then do sit ups again and repeat.

Let me know if I am wrong in thinking they were giving bad advice.
    I just always assumed you are supposed to work on that muscle and stay on that muscle until you are done with all the reps.

Ive never heard (until the other day) that breaks in between was the way to go.
    Do the muscles then do cardio afterwards.
    Ive never heard of this before either................Doesnt really make sence to me

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Those girls must be going for the "thin as hell look."

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have seen this method used before. Trainers will use this type of circuit training with clients to keep them buring cals. I personally would not recommend this to clients, for the fact i preach on preserving lean muscle tissue and not buring it away.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information