Thread: Arm workout

flight643 is offline Junior Member

Question Arm workout

Hey guys, sorry if this topic has been discusse before, but im looking to really concentrate on my arms this fall and was looking for a workout that would do just that.

if it helps, im about 5'9" 170 and my arms are prob the worst part of my upper body...Im just lookin for any type of workout where i would be blasting my arms on a consistent basis, or any other way in which u guys would know of to go about building my arms.

Also, ive been working out for about 2 years now. Thanks a lot for the help!

mass junkie is offline banned
    what does your current workout look like?

for arms, im doing them either once or twice a week, depends on how they fall, cause my workout routine, is 3 days on 1 off...

i usually do 3 hard exercises with a 12-10-8 rep cycle for both bis and tris and then finish off with concentration curls and dips as a way to tail off at the end of the workout

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    Not wanting to stretch it out too long, I'll describe my bicep workout which i perform once a week. Here goes...
    First off, I'd say my biggest improvements came from my added contractions. For a long time, I would just lift the weights, and not focus on contracting my biceps as hard as posssible; however, without coming all the way up to the top to keep constant strain on the muscle. Doing this, then lowering the weight as slow as possible has certainly added size to my arms. A definite first is to warm up the muscle doing light weights to get the blood flowing. My sets then go like this..
    A) Barbell Curls using the 45 lb bar, not the E-Z curl bar
    B) Reverse grip barbell curls
    C) Single dumbell curls using the preacher
    D) Cable curls using the rope
    Now for the real burner...21's! These things will make ur bicep feel like it's gonna pop out of ur arm at the end of your workout, so give'em a try if you don't already do them!! Good luck man!!

Quote Originally Posted by kstone6tb
    Not wanting to stretch it out too long, I'll describe my bicep workout which i perform once a week. Here goes...
    First off, I'd say my biggest improvements came from my added contractions. For a long time, I would just lift the weights, and not focus on contracting my biceps as hard as posssible; however, without coming all the way up to the top to keep constant strain on the muscle. Doing this, then lowering the weight as slow as possible has certainly added size to my arms. A definite first is to warm up the muscle doing light weights to get the blood flowing. My sets then go like this..
    A) Barbell Curls using the 45 lb bar, not the E-Z curl bar
    B) Reverse grip barbell curls
    C) Single dumbell curls using the preacher
    D) Cable curls using the rope
    Now for the real burner...21's! These things will make ur bicep feel like it's gonna pop out of ur arm at the end of your workout, so give'em a try if you don't already do them!! Good luck man!!

thanks a lot. i'll def try and concentrate on the contractions

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    A couple of things that shocked my arms into added growth.
    1. Concentrate on triceps, they're 2/3 of your arm size.
    2. 9-12 sets each for biceps and triceps, occasionally doing 20 sets for extra shock.
    3. Train to failure on the last 2 sets of an exercise, go through the pain barrier.
    4. Keep your mind in the muscle, think about the contraction, not about the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    A couple of things that shocked my arms into added growth.
    1. Concentrate on triceps, they're 2/3 of your arm size.
    2. 9-12 sets each for biceps and triceps, occasionally doing 20 sets for extra shock.
    3. Train to failure on the last 2 sets of an exercise, go through the pain barrier.
    4. Keep your mind in the muscle, think about the contraction, not about the weight.

thanks..im def gonna concentrate on #4

I'm really looking for that shock aspect of it. Any other ideas?

quick follow up - Is it ok to work out your arms three times a week, or are you not giving then sufficient rest?

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flight643
    quick follow up - Is it ok to work out your arms three times a week, or are you not giving then sufficient rest?

For me, I work biceps one day a week, and triceps one day a week. I feel that any more would be overworking them because you work triceps some on chest day and biceps some on back day. Especially if you're going natural, I'd say one day a week for each; but if you're on gear, go for as much as possible without burning out.

Thread Information