Thread: Short Biceps?

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member

Short Biceps?

This has probably been covered before, but I need some help here bros. My biceps seem to be short...by this I mean when I hold my beside me, lift my forearm up to a 90 degree angle and twist my wrist up I can place two fingers between my lower bicep and the top of my forearm. A little info about me...arms measure 16 7/8 cold and flexed(so there o.k. in size. Work bis once per week...do all sorts of exercises(camber bar curls, alt. dumbell curls, preacher curls, incline dumbell curls, con. curls, high cable curls, hammer curls, barbell curls)...not all these every workout. My question is can I fill in this void or is it just sucky geneticts? Any help would be great and thanks bros. BB71

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    This has probably been covered before, but I need some help here bros. My biceps seem to be short...by this I mean when I hold my beside me, lift my forearm up to a 90 degree angle and twist my wrist up I can place two fingers between my lower bicep and the top of my forearm. A little info about me...arms measure 16 7/8 cold and flexed(so there o.k. in size. Work bis once per week...do all sorts of exercises(camber bar curls, alt. dumbell curls, preacher curls, incline dumbell curls, con. curls, high cable curls, hammer curls, barbell curls)...not all these every workout. My question is can I fill in this void or is it just sucky geneticts? Any help would be great and thanks bros. BB71
    The bicep muscle is pretty simple and is responsible for a very simple motion. It lifts your forearm up, that's it. (to a very slight extent, they help to turn the forearm from palm up to palm down). One thing I can say is to make sure you stretch your arms out between sets and while you're recovering. That may help a little. And the only other thing I can think of is to streighten your arm all the way out when you do curls, (or any other bicep excercise). Like I said, the bicep is pretty simple, so that's all I can think of to help you.

Good luck

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    You can help your muscle insertion.... except for maybe painful surgery. This "gap" is what everyone wants. The shorter your bicep head, usually means you have a bigger peak.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    When posing, don't twist your wrists so much. Pay attention to bodybuilders as they pose. You'll notice the one's with shorter biceps don't twist their wrists as much.

Thread Information