Thread: deadlifts

deadlifts

when it is good to do deadlifts on leg day after squating or on back day or alone ?

TheJuicer is offline Member
    I change my routine all the time..(every 8 weeks). I do both..When I squat I alway follow it with DL. On my other routine I do DL first on back day and on Leg day I dont do squats or DL..I do Leg Press and stuff..I hope that makes sense~!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    DL's are the first exercise I do on back day.

D

supdude24 is offline Junior Member
    Deadlifts and Squats on the same day is overtraining for me.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I prefer them as the first exercise for back day too. Physcologically gets me ready for Bent Barbell Rows (the second exercise) - after deads, everything seems much lighter

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Backday no doubt. It works the lower and parts of the upper and legs

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    First excercise of my backworkout no doubt......deadlifts are a vital part of my backworkout as they are in my opinion, the best excercise period for back thickness.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    DL's are the first exercise I do on back day.

D

Ditto

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Ive been doing them after lunges but i think im going to switch to back day. I used to do them on that day and honostly i like it better.

aznknites is offline New Member
    first thing on back day!?

I love em!

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Second thing for me...I do 3-4 sets on pullups then go over to the racks for DL's. DL's take so much out of me that I will never do pullups unless I do them first. Its also a good way for me to get some blood flowing before killer Deads. I also follow up deads with bent-over rows, which BTW I have been recently doing with my back near parallel to the ground and what a difference I have noticed in difficulty and soreness!!!

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    On a side note is there anything I can do to prevent DL shins?!?! Actually for some reason it is my right shin that gets busted up. Recently, I keep taking off the scab with the bar and it starts to bleed down my leg...Whoops! I was thinking a piece of tape down the leg or maybe put the good leg forward and the bad leg back and even them out...HAHA....

aznknites is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    On a side note is there anything I can do to prevent DL shins?!?! Actually for some reason it is my right shin that gets busted up. Recently, I keep taking off the scab with the bar and it starts to bleed down my leg...Whoops! I was thinking a piece of tape down the leg or maybe put the good leg forward and the bad leg back and even them out...HAHA....

What are DL shins?

Is that when the bar rips up your shin/knees?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    This might sound stupid but i used to use ductape, but the shit did not work well. So don't try that

I would advise you to just say, that's right "FUCKIT". So what if you walk around with nasty looking legs that are all bruised the fuck up. Just hold your head up high.

If you know you can't handle doing deads in combination with your other back exercises then there is nothing wrong with it. Doing deads on a seperate day is logical. Just don't spoil yourself to this routine. It would be best in my opinion if you did your deads on back day like the others said before your upper back exercises, etc.

I made the big mistake of doing deads seperate from all my other back exercises and because of it i think i have suffered lost stamina that i might have otherwise had if i just took it like a man in the first place and said fuck it, and just did them together, but i turned pussy real quick. I hate to say it, but "fuckit" that was long ago. These are new times and it's a new day. So i guess what i am saying is do them on back day. It will take alot out of you, but i think you will get alot more in return.

Just throwing my .02 cents in there.

Good luck

Thread Information