jesse_james is offline Member

help needed with my workout

plz could ne1 tell me what they think of this workout, im just about to start a new cycle and i want to gain alot of mass, strenth and power from it, r these exercises appropriate for what i wnt 2 achieve? ne ave ne other exercises i culd thro in there?

mondaylegs, abs
    front squats 5 sets of 3
    deadlifts 4 sets of 3
    leg curls 4 sets of 15
    calf raises 4 sets of 15
    abs work for 15mins
    cardio

tuesdayshoulders, arms
    standing shoulder press 4 sets of 6
    alternate shoulder press with dumbells 5 sets of 12
    uprite row 4 sets of 8
    barbell curls 4 sets of 8
    dumbell curls 4 sets of 16
    tricep pulldown 4 sets of 8
    dips 4 sets of 10

wednesday chest, back
    bench press 5 sets of 5
    inclined dumbell press 3 sets of 6
    inclined flys 3 sets of 8
    bent over row 4 sets of 6
    lat pull down 4 sets 6

thursdaylegs, abs
    same as tuesday
    cardio

fridayshoulders, arms
    same as tuesday

saturday
    play match

sunday
    rest

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Bad bad boy. Your biceps and triceps on same day will nag you. I've been through a similar routine and it did more damage than good. I was on it for a month and my arm day turned into a dread.

I currently ditched my workout to use the one posted on AR's main page. I modified it a bit and it's nice. Working chest and biceps on the same day it alot better than chest and tricep for me. Why you ask?

Because when I'm doing 395lb seated dips I tend to get worn out quick from 3 sets. Then when I'm benching my tri's aren't on full-stream for benching.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/workout.php

Today is my leg day and it's gonna be fun. Later.

thanx 4 advice bro

mass junkie is offline banned
    different strokes for different folks...................I do triceps and biceps and forearms on the same day...............and they're growing like wildfire..............try both and see what works best for you bro
    Last edited by mass junkie; 09-17-2003 at 08:29 AM.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    different strokes for different folks...................I do triceps and biceps and forearms on the same day...............and they're growing like wildfire..............try both and see what works best for you bro
    I agree. I used to train chest and bis on the same day, but still felt spent by the time I got to bis. On the otherhand, I make sure to leave the right amount of time after an arms day so it won't affect any other bodyparts (AKA not training chest the day after).

...After reading the split that Calipso was refering to, I really like the idea of having a rest day inbetween every w/o. Plus, your only in the gym 4 days a week...
    Last edited by fLgAtOr; 09-17-2003 at 09:04 AM.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I wouldn't do chest the day after delts and tris. They would be still fatigued and it would hurt my chest workout.

Here's what I like:

Mon. - Chest/Calves
    Tues. - Back/Traps
    Wed. - Delts
    Thurs. - Quads/Hams/Calves
    Fri. - Bis/Tris/Forearms
    Abs - 3x a wk.

This works real good for me.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1ST I would have to say that you don't think your doing enough, I understand that your doing reps of 6 I'd have to say go with 8-12. I'd also add more excersizes, I'm a firm believer in leave it on the gym floor! I'd also mix it up every 3 weeks or so, don't keep doing the same thing or you'll muscles will adapt and no gains will happen.
    I'd try 5 excersizes for back for 5 sets
    chest - I'd do 4-5 excesizes
    if you do arms on 1 day, I do tri/bi/tri/bi/tri/bi/tri/bi forearms, but 4 excersizes per part.
    shoulders you can do presses/front-side-rear raises/shrugs db-bb/and possibly more.
    legs- squat/front squat/presses/extensions/hacks (not in that order)
    romanian (stiff leg deads)/ standing curls/seated curls to submission
    calves
    for hams - if you do higher reps with moderate to heavy weight you'll see great gains.

Again, I just felt like you weren't doing enough, you really need to KILL IT! I mean, weather it's high reps or low reps, you still need more than 3 exersizes per body part.

SID

thanx guys thas helped me alot, i dint think i was doin enuff exercises, im gonna do 4 exercises per body part, also im gonna do higher reps on some

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_james
    thanx guys thas helped me alot, i dint think i was doin enuff exercises, im gonna do 4 exercises per body part, also im gonna do higher reps on some
    Just keep in mind not to overtrain. I know people that do 14 sets on bench and it's just funny seeing how they have never grown.

Mass J, if you can work out your tri's/bi's/forearms on the same day. Props to you. By the time I'm done doing tricep pulldowns, dips. My arms are kinda sore when I hop on the curl bar and pump out 90lbs. Like everyone says, different strokes.....different folks.

Good luck.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I like doing bi/tris's at the end of the week on fridays. Ya I agree with bornbad71 dont work out chest/back after arm day.... you regret it and the size gains wont come at there best. Split up the groups I also like doing 1 bodypart per day so I can concentrate on that part.. prioritze.

Thread Information