husun is offline Junior Member

weird question for a wrestler

I'v always been a firm believer in working all body parts equal. And now it seems my genetics gives me more weight in the lower body. But i'm wrestling and weight is key... so Is there a way i can continue doing squats but maybe make my legs more lean and upper body more mass.. I dunno if thats possible I dont really want to sacrifice strength.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by husun
    I'v always been a firm believer in working all body parts equal. And now it seems my genetics gives me more weight in the lower body. But i'm wrestling and weight is key... so Is there a way i can continue doing squats but maybe make my legs more lean and upper body more mass.. I dunno if thats possible I dont really want to sacrifice strength.

well, legs are important for wrestling...but i can see where the added weight would hurt

maybe try exchanging squats for deadlifts if you don't do them already?

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Up your reps. 10-12 reps/set should keep the weight from adding up too fast. You will probably not be able to avoid putting on mass, if your training routine and diet are in order. Even then, none of us back in my day had any problem adding weight with a less-than-perfect diet. I guess its the nature of the sport and of those who participate in it . . . Anyway, low reps = mass & higher reps are more for strength and definition.

Thread Information