FireFighter is offline Associate Member

Talking Help a long time member with his workout!

Hey guys whats going on,

I know I know long time no talk. I've just been busy with school and I started fight training aswell and thats going really well. I might compete in the UCC later one.... I'll keep you posted. Besides all that I need help putting a work out together. I've been doing the same workout for a while now, so i think i need a change.. I think i need to shock the muscles once again.. so heres my old workout program so I hope you bros can help me.

Monday: chest and Bis
    bench 4x 10-6
    incline press 3x9
    cable cross overs 3x10-12
    lower cable cross overs(for the lower chest) 3-12
    barbell curls 3x10
    hammers/or preacher curls 3x10

tuesday
    off

wednesday back and tris
    wide grip chins 3x10
    bent over rows 4x10-8
    seated row 3x10
    back extensions 3x12
    skull crushers 3x8-10
    one arm reverse grip ext. 3x10

thursday off

friday shoulders and traps

dumbell press 4x8-10
    bent over laterials 3x10
    front raises 3x8
    side raises 3x8
    barbell shrugs 3x12
    dumbell shrugs 3x till i burn out

saturday Legs
    squats 5x10-8
    leg press 4x 10-8
    leg extensions 3x10
    standing calf raises 3x12
    seated calf raises 3x12
    leg curls 3x12

sunday off

Anyways thats that, Im trying to cut so i think i may just do reps of 12 we'll see... I got the diet in order and i get a lot of cardio done during fighting... shit thats a great work out... anyways please help a brother out.. later

FF

alko is offline Junior Member
    Let us know a little bit more on what your goals are. I was thinking whether you wanted to put on more mass? cut? etc. Do you have any body parts you want to bring up? How long does it usually take you to complete a workout?

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I don't like to do chest w/bis and back w/tris...I think u should do chest/tris and back/bis...my reason is the smaller muscle groups will already be warmed up when u start on them. I also prefer to work traps on back day. Switch thinks up for a few months and see what works best for u. Shocking the muscle is a key factor to your muscle not getting use to the same workout. I constantly change the order in with I work each muscle...keeps me from getting bored with the same ol routine also. Hope this helps and good luck bro.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Just my .02 worth.......I do chest by its self and back by its self...................your talking about two big muscle groups.........I have a seperate day just for arms................my arms have grown like wild fire ever since I started training this way

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Allow me to go against conventional wisdom here and suggest lowering the reps and upping the weight. I know we were all taught from day one that high reps are better for cutting and low reps better for bulking but based on personal experience DIET & CARDIO is the biggest factor dictating a good cutting/ or bulking plan. Low reps/heavy weight worked best for me...you need to experiment to find what works best for you though...you may be surprised to find what you discover!

~US~

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Just my .02 worth.......I do chest by its self and back by its self...................your talking about two big muscle groups.........I have a seperate day just for arms................my arms have grown like wild fire ever since I started training this way
    Mass u make a great point, I to do the 5 days in a row...just works for me...I was going by what FF wrote and the off days in the middle of the week...if this is the way he wants to keep it I would still do pulling movements one day and pushing movements another...personally I don't like to mix them.

Thread Information