Thread: Workout routine

Bigranger is offline New Member

Question Workout routine

I am an athletic person who wants to add muscle mass. I'm 6'2" and 165# and 26yrs old. I have'nt lifted in a long time and would like someone to recommend exercise routines. I just purchased a bowflex ultimate which will be here wednesday. Please comment on both routines and what you think of bowflex equipment..

darock63 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigranger
    I am an athletic person who wants to add muscle mass. I'm 6'2" and 165# and 26yrs old. I have'nt lifted in a long time and would like someone to recommend exercise routines. I just purchased a bowflex ultimate which will be here wednesday. Please comment on both routines and what you think of bowflex equipment..
    Hello bigranger,

i'm a new kid here too. i've been lifting seriously for only a few years so don't take my word as gospel (or any others for that fact) on body building. i am adding an attachment of my diary for you to see or use if you want. i don't use a mon thru sun approach. instead it's a rolling 5-6 day workout seesion. i try to do carido 4-5 days p/session totaling 3 hours. i also do 2 body parts per workout. for each body part listed i do 4 of the exercises for 3 sets (4 if i'm feeling cocky) to exhaustion. the 5-6 day sessions are broken up with 2-3 days off in between to allow some recovery time. i have been told that my workouts don't allow enough time for recovery but it does allow me to hit the major groups every 4 days as well as change up routines on a given day and as far as recovery i feel good (a little tired by the end of the session but good).

with the bowflex.....hey, it's always been my opinion that ANY training is good training as long as you don't hurt yourself and you listen to your body. so use what you want to train.....just don't stop training.

i've just tried to attach the file and it doesn't want to work. i'll try again later.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Keep reading and you'll be fine.

Sell the BowFlex, and get a membership to a real gym. You need to be around people that are stronger than you, especially for a beginner.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

Sell the BowFlex, and get a membership to a real gym. You need to be around people that are stronger than you, especially for a beginner.
    i like that point , being around people that are stronger ! makes you push yourself harder !

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

Keep the bowflex but use it only ONLY incase of an emergency!
    Join a gym! Learn and use your basic program to start:
    chest/bi
    back/tri's
    shoulders
    legs
    try to do 5 excersizes per body part with reps (to start at least) at about 12. do this for a month then change your program and after you have found weight your comfortable with, start changing your program up every 2 months varying the weight and rep ranges add super sets/compound sets/negative and exhaustive reps. Always change your workouts! You body will adapt and you'll never achieve your maximum potential. People that "plateau" are people that do the same thing all the time!
    Also, and most importantly is you diet! cut out the crap and eat right and you'll notice gains in size and strength. There's too much for this response, but the more research you do and you find out what works for your body you'll achieve. Good LUck, and watch it or you'll be addicted to the gym rush!

SID

Bigranger is offline New Member
    thanks for all your replys!!

Thread Information