Thread: rest time

lollipops is offline Associate Member

rest time

Gentlemen,

I recently started a new cycle. I have been training for the last two years. What is the proper amount of rest time I should be getting during the week? I usually like to lift three days, take one off, then three days, one off, repeat. Good advice is welcome

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I gave up on keeping a set rutine. I don't work out again until I feel like I'm ready for it. Sometimes I feel like I can handle it two days later, sometimes five days later. It really depends on you. Nobody can really tell you how long you have to rest. Some people do well resting for a week, some people do well working out every other day.

clipper is offline Associate Member
    IMO your set up looks good. I do 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. But I do 2 times aday fro month overy 3 months, just to mix it up and shock my system.
    DBarcelo are you taking 5 days off before you do the same bodypart or any work out?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I was actually thinking about clarifying that when I wrote the post, but decided not to. I guess I should have. I sometimes do full body workouts, if I do, then it's up to five days for any workout. Usually it's for a particular body part. Of course I do compound movements that incorporate the body part I'm resting. So it's basically isolation movements I avoid until I feel like I'm ready. I guess that's why I didn't want to get into it. It can seem kind of confusing. Anyway, my last workout was whole body, so I haven't worked out in a few days. I feel ready to work out today or tomorrow. I haven't eaten well today, so I'll probably push it until tomorrow. My main advise is to be intuative. Learn to read your body and not rely on the calander.

Thread Information