Tayman is offline Junior Member

Angry Legs rubbing together

Ok, this is an annoying problem...

Now that my legs are much bigger than before, my legs rub together when I run long distances. This eventually causes the skin to peel away (ouch). Baby powder isn't really working. Is it time to invest in some biking shorts or something? Is that their purpose?

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    haha thats funny!!! no flame intended maybe you should ask big ol legs !!! i bet he has the same problem too

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I found out awhile ago that everything that involves being an active person, wether it be a recreational bodybuilder or a pro athlete comes down to two basic words, PROBLEM SOLVING.

If you have a lagging bodypart - you try and change what it is you are currently doing to bring it up. If you have new external commitments that interfere with training goals - you again try and work it in so you can keep moving forward... so on and so forth...

My first impression would be to get some different running shorts and see if it was the matrial in the former that was causing the iritation. My next suggestion is if you do resort to spandex - wear them under your new shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I found out awhile ago that everything that involves being an active person, wether it be a recreational bodybuilder or a pro athlete comes down to two basic words, PROBLEM SOLVING.

If you have a lagging bodypart - you try and change what it is you are currently doing to bring it up. If you have new external commitments that interfere with training goals - you again try and work it in so you can keep moving forward... so on and so forth...

My first impression would be to get some different running shorts and see if it was the matrial in the former that was causing the iritation. My next suggestion is if you do resort to spandex - wear them under your new shorts
    lol

That was my intention. I would look rather fruity running around the gym in spandex. No offense to the gay community.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    underarmor!

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    underarmor is the shiz!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BRUJO
    underarmor is the shiz!!
    Is underarmor another phrase for spandex under shorts or is this sometype of cream you can put on.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject. I never really had this problem before.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    underarmor is basically really good form fitting stuff. check it out at
    www.underarmor.com

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I just seen this thread.... and yes I to have this problem of rubbing together... but not just running just everyday walking around. I just make sure to keep my thighs lotioned and I also wear long-leg briefs so I dont chafe <-- spelling? hehe you guys are 2 much.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    The right underwear is key to your problem that's for sure, I wear boxer briefs they are the perfect butt and leg huggers.

well I tried something new this morning.

I applied a liberal amount of lotion to the inside of my legs and I also pulled up my boxers to old man position. (This creates a more snug feeling and padding between my legs)

Worked like a charm.

Now I know I don't need any special "underarmor" to keep my legs from ripping each other apart. Just need to invest in some more boxer briefs.
    Just figured I would tell the rest of you if you need to pull a mygyver(sp?) one day.

hehe McGuyver.... also cut slits along the sides of the boxer briefs so your legs will fit....

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    hehe McGuyver.... also cut slits along the sides of the boxer briefs so your legs will fit....
    sooner or later you will rub off all the hair on them and then the skin will get used to rubbing together. Mine have been rubbing since jv soccer in h.s. no they dont rub but i still cant grow hair there anymorelol

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    sooner or later you will rub off all the hair on them and then the skin will get used to rubbing together. Mine have been rubbing since jv soccer in h.s. no they dont rub but i still cant grow hair there anymorelol
    hehe Ya im bald on my rubbin spots to.... but im a beast around it

Mjølner is offline New Member
    I am having the same problem now...to the point where there are raw bloody spots on my upper inside leg.

For those of you that suggested "Under Armour"...which one?

Are the underwear like spandex, or am I thinking of "compression shorts"?

Specifically, which of these two products would be the one that I should wear to prevents bloody leg chafing:

Long Boxer Jock:
    http://www.underarmour.com/productde...7&coll_id=1118

HEATGEAR® COMPRESSION SHORT:
    http://www.underarmour.com/productde...1&coll_id=1102

Thanks. The only thing that works right now are large bandaid pads, and the glue is causing problems in itself.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I wanna see the responses on this. I've used vaseline and funny walks, but have resigned myself to a decent walk = chafed upper thighs and nut sack.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    shave, lotion, and long boxers or compressions

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    the worst for me is that the hair there is worn away, but sometimes i still get ingrowns which can lead to pretty bad folliculitis. no fun :-(

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i had pretty bad chafing in between my legs as well from them rubbing, make sure you keep the area dry. just something you have to get used to when those legs get big.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I used to think my legs rubbing together caused be to have ingrowing hairs and painful spots on my inner thighs. I later found out I suffered from HS http://www.hs-usa.org/hidradenitis_suppurativa.htm
    Personally when i suffer pain in this area I cover it in bandaids and then maybe wrap in dressing if going running to prevent the rubbing.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    gold bond powder is a life saver when I'm chaffing.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    use A & D ointment at night, it helped me.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    holy crap i just noticed that this thread is 4 years old lol

ACAZORES is offline Member
    this happens when i do cardio on the treatmill, i use a towel between my legs

sonnygll is offline Member
    You just wear something where the crotch doesn't hang down. That way there is fabric between your legs. Sometimes the fabric starts to wear through. You have to have durable clothing. But if I walk around naked or in my underwear I do notice the friction. Lucky for everyone, I don't go running like that.

You could push your dick down there too. Stop the chafing and get a happy ending to the jog all at the same time.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    compression shorts brother.

Thread Information