maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member

Angry Cant get my chest to grow or even feel sore

i've been workin out for about 8months, i got good progres with arms bak delts and so on....but i cant get my chest to grow....it duznt even get sore after my workouts....i do 4 sets dumbell press....4 decline dumbell press....4 incline dumbell press.....i dont understand why its still not growing.... can some1 help me out with this

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    How many reps, and are you working to failure, or just fulfilling the number of reps you want to make?

JUs2Buf45 is offline New Member
    TRY Switchin it up .Like do INclines first HEavy for like 8 - 10 for 4 sets.. and change the angles..

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    i usually max out at like 7 reps wiht the 65lbs dumbells, 55s for the incline.... 7 or 8 is pretty much my max reps, and i havent moved from that weight since like 2months.....am i maybe liftin too heavy for the muscle i got? ( i know it aint much) im curlin 45s n benchin 65s...I NEED TO IMPROVE

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle187
    i usually max out at like 7 reps wiht the 65lbs dumbells, 55s for the incline.... 7 or 8 is pretty much my max reps, and i havent moved from that weight since like 2months.....am i maybe liftin too heavy for the muscle i got? ( i know it aint much) im curlin 45s n benchin 65s...I NEED TO IMPROVE
    maybe try switching to flat barbell bench. as you said you haven't progressed much in 2 months so you probably just need something fresh

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle187
    i've been workin out for about 8months, i got good progres with arms bak delts and so on....but i cant get my chest to grow....it duznt even get sore after my workouts....i do 4 sets dumbell press....4 decline dumbell press....4 incline dumbell press.....i dont understand why its still not growing.... can some1 help me out with this
    Toss in some dumbell flys/pec deck........stick with the barbell flat bench and barbell incline......

A good stretch on the flys should have your chest screaming the next day.....add some weight too! Go heavy or go home

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Change your workout from week to week...Try flat bench press, incline db press, finish with some flyes...then the next wk. do Incline barbell press, flat db press, finish with flyes. Change your reps sometimes too. Maybe low reps for a couple of wks. then do higher reps for a wk.(12-15).

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Change your workout from week to week...Try flat bench press, incline db press, finish with some flyes...then the next wk. do Incline barbell press, flat db press, finish with flyes. Change your reps sometimes too. Maybe low reps for a couple of wks. then do higher reps for a wk.(12-15).
    Muscle is very very smart in that it can adapt very quickly to it's work, so if you do the same you'll go no where. So, what I try to do is every 3 weeks change it up even if it's go flat/ffly/incl/inclflly/decline/pec/cables heavy low reps or to 10/12
    same with different weight and more reps 20
    change up what you do, incline/inclinefly/etc...

change is good.

SID

Give it time they will grow, being sore isn't the key to growth isolating the muscles and stimulating it in ways that are appropriate for growth is the key, try doing simple bulking excercises, heavy weight low reps on core lifts and then if you feel the need you can rep with auxillary lifts.

Whatcha gonna do brother.........

Thread Information