symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Arrow Please advise!!!

Sup bros, I usually do 1 warmup set and 4 working sets. But now that Im on a cycle do you think it would behoove me to do 1 or 2 warmup sets and 5 working sets? i dont want to overdo it but I sure want to push it as far as is healthy and possible.

thanks!

peace

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Sup bros, I usually do 1 warmup set and 4 working sets. But now that Im on a cycle do you think it would behoove me to do 1 or 2 warmup sets and 5 working sets? i dont want to overdo it but I sure want to push it as far as is healthy and possible.

thanks!

peace
    I don't limit myself to 1 wu set...it takes more for me...I say go with what feels right. For chest it takes me more to get my front delts and elbows warmed up...it also takes longer for me to warm my knees up on leg day than 1 set. I feel a proper warmup is very important to cut down on getting hurt. I would hate to just do 1 warmup and risk injury and lose what I have worked so hard to build. I do not do any warmup to failure. U should be able to fill when your joints and muscles are warm...there is no set number it depends on the person.

good call bro thanks for the input. But what about the extra working set too? bump

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    good call bro thanks for the input. But what about the extra working set too? bump
    Def make sure you get a good warm up.......What does your cycle look like is it a bulking or a cutting cycle?.......About the 5th set I would say that it depends on how many different exercises you plan on doing per body part....imho I would say if your doing three or less then go ahead and do 5....but if more than 3 exercises than stay between 3 & 4 sets

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Def make sure you get a good warm up.......What does your cycle look like is it a bulking or a cutting cycle?.......About the 5th set I would say that it depends on how many different exercises you plan on doing per body part....imho I would say if your doing three or less then go ahead and do 5....but if more than 3 exercises than stay between 3 & 4 sets
    Very good point Mass...I would also say it depends on how u feel that day...if I'm having a great day in the gym then I might add an extra set. Some days it's just hard to get threw my workout I have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Week 1-10 prop 150mg eod .....might switch to 75ed
    week 2-10 var 35mg/day

So two warmup and 3 working sets isnt cool then?

solidj55 is offline Member
    If you were to do 5 sets I would stick to the same weight/rep scheme, like 5x5(same weight all sets) or 5x3, etc... Thats just me though.

I don't count warmups as part of my working sets...sometimes it takes me 3 warmup sets for larger muscle groups, where for smaller muscle groups one mostly two warmups are good. I use higher reps(15-20) during my warmups also...very contolled to get blood pumped to that muscle group.

Thread Information