badguy is offline New Member

Badguy's routine!

I thought I would share this with all of you. I know how everybody jumps from routine to routine. I promise you if you stick with this one your going to gain big time!!!

Here it is:

One bodypart a day!
    That's it!

If you can't kill it in one day--forget about it--this routine is not for you!

DAY 1--CHEST
    DAY 2--BACK
    DAY 3--ARMS
    DAY 4--LEGS
    DAY 5--SHOULDERS

Volume training= 20 sets on every muscle group!
    Remember to throw in some drop sets after your heavy set!

solidj55 is offline Member
    Sounds like overtraining to me.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    overtraining is unique to the individual, different 'breakpoint' for everyone

i like the routine but personally like to throw an off day in the middle to give my upper body a break

i prefer

legs
    chest
    back\forearms
    x
    shoulders
    arms
    x

and i personally feel too many people hold back b/c they fear this overtraining word. yes, i know cortisol runs rampid and catabolism is at an all time high when you are overtrained...... but my point is i think too many people hold back, you need to find at what point YOU are overtrained and push yourself right up to that point.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I like it! How about posting the current exercises you are using?

solidj55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    overtraining is unique to the individual, different 'breakpoint' for everyone

i like the routine but personally like to throw an off day in the middle to give my upper body a break

i prefer

legs
    chest
    back\forearms
    x
    shoulders
    arms
    x

and i personally feel too many people hold back b/c they fear this overtraining word. yes, i know cortisol runs rampid and catabolism is at an all time high when you are overtrained...... but my point is i think too many people hold back, you need to find at what point YOU are overtrained and push yourself right up to that point.
    I will clarify my statement by saying that this for me would be overtraining even with massive amounts of protien, carbs, and efa's. My body responds well to smaller volume, heavy, and intense workouts.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    I will clarify my statement by saying that this for me would be overtraining even with massive amounts of protien, carbs, and efa's. My body responds well to smaller volume, heavy, and intense workouts.
    thats what its all about... pushing your self to your physical limits and learning what your body responds to

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    I am also this way........20 sets per body part, , maybe legs and back, but not anything else it would diffently be overtraining for me.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I think it also depends on what you do during the day. I have been sitting in a cubicle on my a@@ for 12 years. Sit all day long, I think I need higher sets to make up for all the sitting around I do all week in front of the computer.

badguy is offline New Member
    I don't believe in over-training on this type of routine. Look how much rest and recovery the muscle is going to receive.
    Your diet is key in this type of program and also supplements too!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    If you did chest 4 times a week that would be overtraining!

Killing it! doing 20-25 sets per body part is just KILLING IT! If you don't leave it all in the gym you're not going to go anywhere! badguy, I'm with you brother and a firm believer in it! That's how you got to be the size of a house man! And I'm hoping to be the size of one of your legs!

SID

Thread Information