Taxi is offline New Member

Surgery or Cycle?

First off, I hope this is the right forum! I did some major damage to my rotators cuff in HS throwing the javelin, but never had time for surgery due to the fact I never wanted to lay off of the weights because of football being around the corner and all. Once HS was over I signed and started playing college ball and still haven't done anything with it! It's my senior year now and I feel like I need to break down and have surgery on it (You know, so when the day comes and I have kids I can actually play f%$#ing catch with them). The only thing is, I'm about two or three weeks out from starting a cycle. My question is...should I go ahead and take my cycle and have surgery later (but I fear that I might lose everything while goin through rehab, whenever that'll be) Or should i go ahead and have surgery now and start my cycle after rehab, so My shoulder will be fresh and healthy. And to add to the mix, I can play ball with my shoulder and I do have another year of eligability left if I choose to use it. Please give me some advice guys, it'd be greatly appreciated...What the hell would you all do?

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'd have the surgery before it became even worse.

Taxi is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'd have the surgery before it became even worse.

I agree, but it hasn't really progressed any. I mean, i can play ball with it and still do intense workouts.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd say do the surgery. If you do your cycle (build up) then go under the knife you'll lose what you just spent hard earned money to build. Repair, heal then cycle. imho

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Get the surgery bro...if you do lose some...you will easy gain it back after you do rehab and hit the weights again...its called muscle memory...I gained all mine back in about 3 months after a 3 year lay-off after personal problems kept me from the gym...

Thread Information