TheJuicer is offline Member

Shoulder D.B. Press

I just wanna know if I'm the only one that this ever happened to...I went up 5lbs on D.B. shoulder press last night and I kicked up the right side with my knee and tried to kick the left up but couldnt so my training partner had to help...I'm a big dude and this kinda sucked..the gym was packed and I felt like an ass...I guess I will try again next week and try to kick the f&*kers up again...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I kick them both up at the same time. Kick and press. Get all the momentum going at once. If I kick one at a time I feel like I'm about to fall over.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    I'll give it a try...anyone else think is this the way to do it..?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    30lb db's should be light enough to get up yourself, without needing any help. Hey just kidding...what I do is usually have the person spotting me just place the db's on my shoulders for me. That way, I don't waste any of my strength getting started. The slighest distraction or self-doubt can easily ruin a potentially good set

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have been doing One Arm Arnold Presses and really liking the isolation, concentration and range of motion by doing one arm at a time. I exagerate the contraction by letting my opposing shoulder drop down a little while I lift with the other arm. I use a military press bench and grab on to the side with the arm that is not being worked after I use it to prop the weight up for the working delt. I have been doing these for the last 2-3 weeks now and found a new favorite... I have been prioritizing Delts and I have to say they have progressed very well... strength and size...

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    i feel ya on this one to bro, on my heavy set ill use about 80-85 lbs bells and when i kick up the left its really easy but when i do the other i tend to struggle a bit so a spot will usually just cup my elbows ... im try to kick em both up like key said

alko is offline Junior Member
    I have never used the kick up method for shoulder db's. I just grab them on the floor and then powerclean them up and sit down at the same time. It usually works pretty well, but I have never tried more then 85lbs this way,.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I just have someone hand them to me on my shoulders and I dont like using my knee or cleaning them up... dont wanna pull something.

mfenske is offline Member
    I say who cares. You went up 5lbs. So you needed a spot, no biggie. Like you said you are big dude, so most of the guys in your gym probably wish they were pushing what you are so I wouldn't worry about it. Next week you'll probably get it on your own. Few weeks later, you'll probably go up 5 more. Mark

Thread Information