Thread: push-ups

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

push-ups

i talked to a pro competitor today at the gym and asked him how he got his chest so big and full and told be the basic heavy benching at 6-8 reps but he also said he does alot of push-ups every day of the week ! just wondering if this is a good way to build a big chest ?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I think so bro....try this...........I do a deck of cards every other night (meaning) flip a card over and do its face value........face cards are 10 ex..king,queen,jack and Aces are 15.............I just try to be a lil creative....by the end of the deck......your tris and chest are about ready to bust through your shirt......plus it def helps with bench days

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I think so bro....try this...........I do a deck of cards every other night (meaning) flip a card over and do its face value........face cards are 10 ex..king,queen,jack and Aces are 15.............I just try to be a lil creative....by the end of the deck......your tris and chest are about ready to bust through your shirt......plus it def helps with bench days
    Hmmm I have heard that working out a muscle too much does not allow it to grow, and I have also heard that doing pushups every/ever other day works. These theories would seem to contradict each other... any thoughts?

RC

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_0891
    Hmmm I have heard that working out a muscle too much does not allow it to grow, and I have also heard that doing pushups every/ever other day works. These theories would seem to contradict each other... any thoughts?

RC
    All I know is that a def works for me.........

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    When I was younger 15-20 yrs old I did sets of 50, maybe 3 sets almost everyday. I liked them, they seemed to work well for me but now that I am older I just use them as a warmup, usually a decline set off of stairs using pushup bars before I hit my first flat bench set. Everyone is different but I like them to warm up and stretch the chest. As far as too often? I can tell you that I did full body workouts my whole life until about 2 years ago and I never thought that working one body part per day could do anything, I was very skeptical until I kept progressing and lifting more and more weight. I am now a big believer in lots of rest for the muscle to grow.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    The cards are a good idea, and if you cant get ALL the way through the entire deck, take a break between every 100-150 that you do. It seems easier to do when you're not doing them consecutively, thats what got my triceps big, and my chest tighter, but not as big. Good luck bro,

Thread Information