TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member

Spotting on Chest Days

Im unable to get a spotter to come with me on chest days, so im forced to ask everyone and anyone in the gym to spot me. Any suggestions on what to do? I hate asking people everyday to help me

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    You don't need a spotter bro, if you can't push the weight off your chest on the last rep. Do a half sit-up and roll it off ontio the ground. This is what i do.

Jdog55

[email protected]

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Just ask the other guys in the gym..... Don't worry about it if they don't want to spot you then they will tell you and then grab someone else. But I can't see someone not helping.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people don't mind u asking for a spot, it's not like your asking them to stay with u thruout your workout. Plus it's safer to have a spot on the heavy presses...u don't want the weight to get stuck on your chest with your face all red triing to get their attention, that doesn't look cool. Like mudman said if someone doesn't want to they'll let u know.

mass junkie is offline banned
    or you can try the smith machine.........thats what I do when my training partner pusses out

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Use dumbbells.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Use dumbbells.
    Yeah, but then you still have to worry about trying for an extra rep that you can't get and drop it on your chest/head.

Also, you've got to worry because some guys in the gym don't know how to spot. They'll either pull the bar up really fast and rerack it when you've still got one or two left in you, or they'll let the weight come back down on you before they touch it. Both effectively ruin a set.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    or you can try the smith machine.........thats what I do when my training partner pusses out
    Smith Machine = The Devil

That thing will mess up your balance more than anything I know. I see to many people jumping from 2 45 plates on it, to 2 45 plates on a regular bench. Then nearly dropping it on their face.

If you don't got a partner, just do it a bit lighter or find someone who knows how to spot.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I never use a spotter. I dont get that extra grunting rep in. OH WELL for me I guess.

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I never use a spotter. I dont get that extra grunting rep in. OH WELL for me I guess.
    but isn't the last rep the best on for you?

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Use dumbbells.
    i agree.....if you fail you can drop the weights to ur side!!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrenFreak3
    but isn't the last rep the best on for you?
    Nah. If I feel I didnt get a good set in, I just do one more set.
    IMO that last rep when you are straining and struggling and moving and arching your back trying to get that last rep in fucks you up.
    Sure a spotter is great and you probably do get maybe 3 more reps in otherwise but I think the advice was for that guy who cant find a spotter all the time and gets frustrated.
    Or the home gym workout.

I dont think a spotter is the same as bringing a freind to workout with you.
    That friend is compettion. You need to show him up and lift heavier and more than him. He did 10 reps of 300? So can I. Even if you cant you sure the fuck try where normally you wouldnt. The next few days you cant even move your arms.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    just push as hard as you can bro, and if u cant push out da last rep just drop da dumbells on da side, or if ur using da barbell just roll up like ur gonna do a sit up and just rest the barbell on ur legs

Thread Information