BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member

Question question with stiff legged deads

i just started to incorporate stiff legged deadlifts but with dumbbells into my routine.. my question is on the form,, when i usually do these with a bar ill go for a deep streach and i only bring up to my knees and back down and i make sure my back is always straight,, now on dumbbells do i keep the same form?? I also bend my knees a slight bit is that ok??

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BRUJO
    i just started to incorporate stiff legged deadlifts but with dumbbells into my routine.. my question is on the form,, when i usually do these with a bar ill go for a deep streach and i only bring up to my knees and back down and i make sure my back is always straight,, now on dumbbells do i keep the same form?? I also bend my knees a slight bit is that ok??
    I use the same form for db's and barbells, but for some reason I think the db's are closer to my legs... maybe it's because I can move my hands more w/db's than w/a bar. I also keep a straight tight back maybe w/a slight arch...I never let my back round down...I start at the top of the movement in an upright position, slowly lower the weight keeping the bar/db's as close to my legs as possible, raise up to just below my knees then return down feeling a good stretch in my hams(not my lower back), then return back up to almost the top, that's one rep, I strive to do 10-12 reps per set. I like to get some lower back work out of these, that's why I return to the top. U might want to pm big ol' legs about this question also, he knows a great deal about legs and what it takes to make them grow.

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the info bro i have a feeling the form is correct because today i feel it in my hams just wondering if you would keep it the same just like on bar

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I keep my legs straight, bend over at the waist as far as possible with out arching my back, then I pull with my Ham's and Glute's all the back to the top until I am upright again.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I try to keep a slight bend in my knees because If I keep them locked and straight I feel my joints to much and not my hams.. I get a deeper stretch with a slight bend... only slight remember

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I try to keep a slight bend in my knees because If I keep them locked and straight I feel my joints to much and not my hams.. I get a deeper stretch with a slight bend... only slight remember

I do this as well, slight bend on DB's gets me sore as hell

Thread Information