Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Cardio question plz check it out.

Everyone always says that running a distance and walking the same distance will burn the same ammount of kcal. But Im starting to realy realy doubt that.
    If the body could produce energy equaly good at all levels of exertion then it would be true. But can the body do that ?? Anyone read any studie on this?
    Running or any other form om exercise that pushes the heart and lungs to its limits always produced a shitload of heat to. Walking does not do that.
    So running a mile must then burn the same ammount as walking that mile + the heat produced during the running. Am I wrong??
    Running probably releases more stress hormones that is catabolic(and therefor breaks down fat tissue to not only muscle) and that adds to the fat burning.
    Im sure there are alot of factors I dont think of but those 2 pops into my mind.
    So if 2 guys are cutting, one guy walks like hell everyday, the other guy runs the same distance in intervals, who will in the end have burnt more fat if you assume both has the same metabolism, same diet ect?

Maby this whole thing has been discused before, sorry in that case. Im to lasy to do a search right now

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Who said that ?

I would think that it has more to do with heartrate than anything. Sure higher the heartrate more energy is needed. Of course you're not going to burn the same amount of calories as if you were walking. Fat burning depends on the amount of distance and time, not just distance alone.

BTW - we gotta work on your english having a hard time understand your wordings.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Who said that ?

I would think that it has more to do with heartrate than anything. Sure higher the heartrate more energy is needed. Of course you're not going to burn the same amount of calories as if you were walking. Fat burning depends on the amount of distance and time, not just distance alone.

BTW - we gotta work on your english having a hard time understand your wordings.
    Lol just break it down and let me know better words, I sleept through most english classes and have just learnt everything from the boards and tv and we all know they write/talk perfect english on the boards and on tv

I heard it from my old gymclass teacher and I have read it in countless fitness mags and shit and it just anoys me to hear that.

Thread Information