mass junkie is offline banned

looking for some good (traps) workouts

Whats up yall?....I was looking for a new traps routine Can you guys offer your workouts?..thank you...much obliged

BDTR is offline Retired
    I do nothing for my traps, they get hit on back day with deadlifts.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you ever done superset drop sets with barbell and dumbell shrugs? try..

Barbell shrugs superset with dumbell shrugs.. 6 sets

Set 1.. Barbell 15 reps,dumbell 12 reps..drop set 10 reps
    Set 2.. Same
    Set 3.. Same
    Set 4.. Barbell 12 reps,dumbell 15 reps..drop set 10 reps..drop set 8 reps
    Set 5.. Same
    Set 6.. Barbell 12 reps,dumbell 12 reps..drop set 10 reps..drop set 8 reps..drop set 8 reps

tell me how you feel after that... O ya and pyrmaid weight up every set...

Got this from bigol'legs....did it tues. and it friggin rocks. Traps felt like they were on fire and touching the bottom of my ears. Try it I think u will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I do nothing for my traps, they get hit on back day with deadlifts.
    Damn and I was gonna ask you personally what you did............your traps are insane bro...really nothing huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Have you ever done superset drop sets with barbell and dumbell shrugs? try..

Barbell shrugs superset with dumbell shrugs.. 6 sets

Set 1.. Barbell 15 reps,dumbell 12 reps..drop set 10 reps
    Set 2.. Same
    Set 3.. Same
    Set 4.. Barbell 12 reps,dumbell 15 reps..drop set 10 reps..drop set 8 reps
    Set 5.. Same
    Set 6.. Barbell 12 reps,dumbell 12 reps..drop set 10 reps..drop set 8 reps..drop set 8 reps

tell me how you feel after that... O ya and pyrmaid weight up every set...

Got this from bigol'legs....did it tues. and it friggin rocks. Traps felt like they were on fire and touching the bottom of my ears. Try it I think u will like it.
    alright bro Ill print this out and give it a try tomorrow....ill let you know how it goes

I have to say that the traps are my favorite muscles to work and favorite to look at as well.. If you are looking to get big traps then they ultimate key is working on the neck machine. If you couple heavy shrugs sets of 5-8 and stay strict and then do work on the neck machine I guarantee you in a month you will notice a big difference. in addition with all the drop sets and sets of 15 reps the traps are not a muscle that many look to get a ripped look from, they are not really a striated looking muscle like that of the pecs, when you ask about trap work you are really only looking for one thing size! and having your traps up to your ears, go heavy or go home.

Whatcha gonna do brother...........
    Last edited by the hulkster; 10-02-2003 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    I have to say that the traps are my favorite muscles to work and favorite to look at as well.. If you are looking to get big traps then they ultimate key is working on the neck machine. If you couple heavy shrugs sets of 5-8 and stay strict and then do work on the neck machine I guarantee you in a month you will notice a big difference. in addition with all the drop sets and sets of 15 reps the traps are not a muscle that many look to get a ripped look from, they are not really a striated looking muscle like that of the pecs, when you ask about trap work you are really only looking for one thing size! and having your traps up to your ears, go heavy or go home.

Yeah bro I usually hit traps pretty hard and heavy.....just looking to mix it up a lil

Is there any sub for the neck machine...we don't have one in our gym.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Nope, when i stopped working traps they actually blew up bigger than ever from nothing but heavy deadlifts and rows.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Damn and I was gonna ask you personally what you did............your traps are insane bro...really nothing huh?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I dont know if your gym has it but the hammer stregnth shrug machine is great...I lean foward and do 5 sets then reverse 4 sets...GOOD shit Markus Ruhles favorite trap workout...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I used to superset :

Shrugs
    Upright rows

and felt that did me justice.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Upright rows....

If you don't have a neck machine you can always do manual resistence with a partner, have your lifting partner push down on the top of your head while you push up that will work on the back, pull down on your chin the fron, and use his leg or other for the sides, resistence from the side really buffs your traps up, trust me. Another thing you can do is buy a heavy stength thera band and use that.

Whatcha gonna do brother........

If you don't have a neck machine you can always do manual resistence with a partner, have your lifting partner push down on the top of your head while you push up that will work on the back, pull down on your chin the fron, and use his leg or other for the sides, resistence from the side really buffs your traps up, trust me. Another thing you can do is buy a heavy stength thera band and use that.

Whatcha gonna do brother........
    hanks bro........I'll give that a try next traps day.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I just do shoulder shrugs rarely, i usually get my workout in them the day i do back, and which is FINE with me, less work CAN pay off!

cb25 is offline Banned
    In my experience...my traps started growing when i started shrugging heavy...step up to a smith machine and put some weight on!! Also, every couple weeks, i'd mix it up and do shrugs with the barbell behind my back...felt a different angle and an incredible burn...

Thread Information