huh? is offline Associate Member

Angry lifting = addicting..........

i dont have enough weight to work out my legs since i used to ride my bike 15+ miles a day now i dont feel like i get a workout, but i have enough weight to work out my arms, and i know im supposed to rest and let the muscles recover and grow but its to addicting and im feeling like i want to lift every second of every day. its also giving me 1000x more energy and i have nothing to go do to relive this. i think im going to goto the local recreation center and look into a membership for gym use so i can train my legs... blah. im just venting....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    i dont have enough weight to work out my legs since i used to ride my bike 15+ miles a day now i dont feel like i get a workout, but i have enough weight to work out my arms, and i know im supposed to rest and let the muscles recover and grow but its to addicting and im feeling like i want to lift every second of every day. its also giving me 1000x more energy and i have nothing to go do to relive this. i think im going to goto the local recreation center and look into a membership for gym use so i can train my legs... blah. im just venting....
    are you in cycle right now? or is this just a good state of mind? i wish i could maintain that level of motivation even when ON.

don't overdo it.

im not cycling anything, im taking protein.... thats it ;\

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Check out the rec center if thats all you got around you. I know there a lot of 24 Hour Fitness gyms in Texas which are pretty cheap on a month to month basis (once you put a zillion dollars down). Gold's really has no initial fees but they hold you to a contract and from what I have seen, 24 Hour Fitness takes care of their shit much better.

If you are used to frequent and long distance cycling you should remember that your quads are predominantly slow-twitch(high oxidative) and need prolonged continuous tension (at least 30-40 seconds of tension - don't lock out your knees BTW, it takes the tension off) otherwise they will just blow off the training session. Try and keep the load heavy, reps high (12-20) and short rest intervals to shock them into submission...

On the flip side your hams are recruited far less then quads when cycling and are much more explosive in nature (fast-twitch) - keep their rep range lower and explosive.

But - hell yeah its addicting - when you do it right your body sends all kinds of feal good hormones and indirect responses that encourage you to keep training. Just don't over exert yourself too fast or you will start to sllllloooow doooowwn.

it sucks, i cant sleep, all i can think about is lifting, what im going to lift tommarow, how many reps will i be able to do, what will i be able to do by my b-day..... AH, im gonna try to sleep...

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huh?
    it sucks, i cant sleep, all i can think about is lifting, what im going to lift tommarow, how many reps will i be able to do, what will i be able to do by my b-day..... AH, im gonna try to sleep...
    Aw welcome to the wonderful world of lifting........ ..........Eat, breath, and sleep lifting it's great.

Thread Information