Thread: 2 questions...

hoss827 is offline Banned

2 questions...

Since I cant work my upper body from my shoulder injury, and I've neglected my legs most of the time, ive trained them maybe once a week, an I've been wanting my 6, I figured now would be a good time to concentrate on abs and legs, and get into the habit of training them for when i go back to the gym. What my idea is , is to focus on my legs once or twice a week, and my abs about three times a week. But my questions are:

1: If I'm trying to get my 6 showin, should I continue to eat my 6-7 meals a day? I know it raises your metabolism if you eat more, but the extra calories might not help too much if im not using them, i eat about 5-7 times a day.

2: I plan on doing cardio about 3 times a week, should I be doing more?

Please help me out with this, I'd rather work on something , then nothing . Im 5'7 170 pounds, put on 40 pounds of bulk over summer.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    40lbs over the summer? Wow! What is your bf% sitting at now?

Definately keep eating 5-7 meals just cut your calories...keep it simple...don't do anything that'll jeopardize you staying on schedule.

Cardio will be fine as long as you go at it...instead of just the motions...and if you haven't been working your legs for awhile then start them off with a simple routines.

Aragorn

Oh man i dunno what my bf is at. I went in weighing about 130, and put on 40 pounds and went to 170. My biceps jumped from 12 to 16.5 inches which i am VERY pleased with . I dont know how to determine my bf, but if you guys can tell me how to find that out id appreciate it. I've got a little bit of a stomach, nothin too bad, its pretty soft but when i flex you can BARELY see my abs, and my stomach is damn hard. Keep the posts comin guys!

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    get body fat calipers

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Since I cant work my upper body from my shoulder injury, and I've neglected my legs most of the time, ive trained them maybe once a week, an I've been wanting my 6, I figured now would be a good time to concentrate on abs and legs, and get into the habit of training them for when i go back to the gym. What my idea is , is to focus on my legs once or twice a week, and my abs about three times a week. But my questions are:

1: If I'm trying to get my 6 showin, should I continue to eat my 6-7 meals a day? I know it raises your metabolism if you eat more, but the extra calories might not help too much if im not using them, i eat about 5-7 times a day.

2: I plan on doing cardio about 3 times a week, should I be doing more?

Please help me out with this, I'd rather work on something , then nothing . Im 5'7 170 pounds, put on 40 pounds of bulk over summer.
    Definitely keep the 6-7 meals - cut calories and/or carbs if you want to lean out...what works for me is just cutting carbs after 5pm or so...that's an easy thing to adjust or at least to start with...

I'd start cardio at 3-4 times per week and bump it up as you get used to it...JMO

znak is offline Senior Member
    To get a killer six pack, reduce your calorie intake by 500 grams a day, while eating 6 times a day. I don't know what your metabolism is, but if you are a hard gainer, too much cario could dry you out in a hurry.

But before you cut back on calories, add two serious leg days (mon/fri) and keep on eye on your weight. When you are building up leg muscle the suck up a lot of calories, you gotta make sure to feed them. Then adjust you calorie intake based on what is happening to your body fat.

Buy some calipers.

Hey thanks for the posts guys, i'll be sure to try all this out, and ill let you know how it goes! I jus started my cardio/leg/ab workouts today. I'll keep you posted

Thread Information