kylejstud is offline New Member

gaining weight, and keeping abs

Hey...about 5'11 165 right now, trying to pack on the weight to get bigger. At the same time though, I don't want to lose my abs. From what I've heard, you need to do cardio to keep your abs, but if I do too much cardio, it will be hard for me to gain weight.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish both? thanks

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejstud
    Hey...about 5'11 165 right now, trying to pack on the weight to get bigger. At the same time though, I don't want to lose my abs. From what I've heard, you need to do cardio to keep your abs, but if I do too much cardio, it will be hard for me to gain weight.

How much weight do you want to gain?

When increasing weight, you will gain weight all over, waist too. If you truely want to gain weight, deal with the waist line increasing there is no way around it.......you can always cut back down later.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump_30
    How much weight do you want to gain?

When increasing weight, you will gain weight all over, waist too. If you truely want to gain weight, deal with the waist line increasing there is no way around it.......you can always cut back down later.
    The only way that you can gain weight (muscle mass) and not put some fat on your abs is to eat EXACTLY the right number of calories each day.

That, my friend, is just about impossible. If you are trying to put on meat, eat right, eat lots and when you are about 5-10 pounds over what you want to be, cut back on the calories about 500 per day and add serious cardio.

If you eat right, you shouldn't really have all that much fat and depending on your metabolism, it will take to a week or two to shread your abs.

It is hard enough to gain muscle. Do one thing at a time.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Dont know bro....I havent seen my abs in like 10 years now.....

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    hey Talon said he seen em when he was "down south" the other night.. LOL

Make sure you train your abs like anyother muscle and theyll get bigger so you can see them with a higher BF%

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Fuck i've never seen my abs....been tryin to get 'em. 5'7 170 pounds, ive bulked up enough but dunno how to gettem now. Anyone have any ideas send me a PM please. I'd appreciate it, thankx.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    kylejstud][/b]Hey...about 5'11 165 right now, trying to pack on the weight to get bigger. At the same time though, I don't want to lose my abs. From what I've heard, you need to do cardio to keep your abs, but if I do too much cardio, it will be hard for me to gain weight.

bodybuilding fitness forums hype muscle bodybuilders

like someone mentioned before, if you trying to attempt that. your numbers must be perfect. juss pick which side of the fence u wanna be on
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 08-08-2009 at 11:34 AM.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Ever hear the saying "people who have six packs year round are pussies". I think the only way to put on more size is to eat eat eat...I have no abs right now..Im up about 14 lbs. Love the size.

blanket is offline Junior Member
    who cares about the abs in the off season , i donno about you but where i live, its too cold sometimes we even have to cover our faces. just keep eating and build some serious mass and right before the summer get that six pack out and look huge while cut.

Thread Information