View Poll Results: Out of a 52 week year how many weeks do you take off from training?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 2 weeks.

6 37.50%
  • 3-4 weeks.

6 37.50%
  • 1 month

1 6.25%
  • More than a month?!?!?!?!?!?

3 18.75%
    Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore

Workout breaks......

How many weeks out of the year do stop working out for a little break?

I decided this is gonna be one of those weeks.

From benching 235-245, to being unable to get 220 6 inches off my chest. My car battery died, my source of ass has chosen a new fling, the oncoming layoff from my job, getting turned down by a girl who I know likes me but won't admit it, lack of $, lack of sleep, lack of motivation, lack of a sense of direction, lack of purpose in life. Right now I'm taking one or two of those needed OFF weeks. Just wondering how often do you guys break for?

My last one was in June and that was for 1 1/2 weeks. It's kinda soon to go a week or so off or or else I'm gonna have a mental breakdown (Very distracted since my lack of strength gains and mass has come to a complete halt).

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Sounds to me like this is the time to be working out harder than ever. For me working out is a good way to forget my problems for an hour or so, and my problems also tend to fuel my workouts.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am on a fourth day off right now. I might just go workout. I had some bad pain in my right front shoulder but it is almost gone. Might try back today. I think a week off at a time is good. I usually get a cold for 10 days once per year and use that as my break.

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    sssssssssssssssck in there!
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 09-27-2007 at 07:32 PM.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Theoretically i'd say 2-3 weeks, but i voted for one month due to my personal experience. Things always come up, planned or unplanned that throw everything off, where sometimes you just need to take a step back, get everything in order and then hit it harder than ever.

Personally, moving from west coast to east coast, losing a fiance in the process and getting sick (more or less at the same time) threw me off track a couple weeks. But i'm back as hard as ever...

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    I normally take a extra day or two off around holidays, but I don't take a week off. There are the uncontrollable things like getting sick, family stuff, etc.

I've been training for alittle of 5 yrs. and have not felt the way u do. Lack of sleep, motivation, and purpose in life is a lot to deal with. I would suggest u clear your head...remember why u started working out(ie loss bf, gain mass, good health, strenght, etc.)what ever is, u have to get that fire back.

sharky is offline Associate Member
    never more than 2-3 days at a time.(unless injured) i did have to take off about 6mo. 3 years ago because of rotator. other than that or since then i take off all together between 3-4 weeks in a year. dont forget, every once in a while a few days rest is great for the body.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Back to they gym today after a 3 day layoff for me.........felt like the longest 3 days in my life............Man I love working out

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Back to they gym today after a 3 day layoff for me.........felt like the longest 3 days in my life............Man I love working out
    Mass if u hit the gym with me u would need more than three days to recover...more like three wks., lets get insane I love the pain.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Mass if u hit the gym with me u would need more than three days to recover...more like three wks., lets get insane I love the pain.
    whats your stats bro?............im sure we could teach each other a few things

mfenske is offline Member
    I guess my answer is six. Well, at least that's what I am planning. I took an
    off week 8 weeks ago. When I finish this week I am going to take another.
    I have noticed that since taking a week off (still do a little cardio) about 2 months ago, I have felt stronger, more energized, and less fatigued while working out. I am looking forward to next week and even more looking forward to the following week to hit the weights heavy again. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    whats your stats bro?............im sure we could teach each other a few things
    PM me bro...we will talk it up.....then pump it up.

hybrid is offline Member
    Yeah, when I have that much shit on my mind, working out is the best release. Beat the crap out of the gym.

Thread Information