Thread: Need AB advice

Jdiddy is offline New Member

Need AB advice

I know alot of it is in the way you eat....and I'm in the process of learning how to eat right (I've gotten rid of all fried foods....i know there is more to it but it is a start) I get so pissed off b/c of this...i use to have them, i train them harder now than i did.....what's the deal? Any advice is welcome

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Abs are kinda tricky. Some people don't have to do anything for their abs and they look great, some people have to work their butt off and they never get them looking all that good. Also remember that your body changes as you get older. There are plenty of guys that had nice abs when they were younger, but then started to get more body fat as they got older. If you have a gut on you, then you have to do more than just work your abs, you have to also cut as much body fat as possible. Whatever your current goals are will dictate the way you go about attacking your abs. If you're a thin guy with a bit of a gut and you want to put on weight, then you may want to just forget about your abs until you have more muscle weight on you, then go through a cutting cycle. If you are a heavy guy and you just want to have better abs, then you may want to just start cutting. There is also the way you may go about working your abs. The abdominal muscles aren't exactly the same in every body, so what works for one person may not work quite as well for another person. You have to try different ab rutines and see what best works for you.

Basically, try not to worry about it too much. If you stick with it, you will get there.

Jdiddy is offline New Member
    Yea, i just sucks....I don't really have a gut or anything i just can't get what i want....thanks for the help

Biceps_Blitz is offline New Member
    it's all about fat% man... You only make them bigger with resistance training, and that's the last thing you want to happen to your abs

So avoid sugars (only allowed post-workout) and saturated fats.

You could do some crunches or hanging leg raises if you really wanna work them anyway, but use very high reps.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biceps_Blitz

So avoid sugars (only allowed post-workout) and saturated fats.
    That's what I did and went from 226 lbs. down to 178 lbs. in @ 1 yr., waist went from 38" to 32"......now I'm up to @ 195-200 lbs....bf @ 9-10%, waist 33".....I also went from 3 meals per day to 7-8 meals per day(including shakes)....your diet plays a key role in whether u see abs or not.

Thread Information