Slypknot is offline Member

Pain when making a fist... ??

Hopefully someone here has experienced this and can shed some light on what might be happening.

When I pick something up (somewhat heavy, forcing me to make a fist to hold the object - like a dumbell) I get a sharp pain on the upper-outside of my forearm near my elbow.... I also get it if I make a fist and flex my wrist upward. I took a week off of lifting to see if it got any better and it's pretty much still the same. Not sure what could be causing it (other than old age).. so any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

mass junkie is offline banned
    sounds like a mild case of tendonitis?

So the usual ice/heat treatments are what I'm looking at I suppose.... bummer. I was really hoping it was just a mild injury that a week without lifting would repair...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    You can work around it slip but hammer curls and a few other exercises might be a no go for right now. Ice it down when you can and if you can't lift something without it hurting then let it slide until you can.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    lateral epicondylitis

BINGO! Searched on it and that's what I've got - Tennis elbow.... lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Slypknot
    BINGO! Searched on it and that's what I've got - Tennis elbow.... lovely.
    I have the same thing bro.............Only thing i found that really works is (time)...........let it heal..........mind if i ask what you think you did to get it?

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    i currently have medial epicondylitis and have not lifted upper body in 6 weeks. i also have ulnar nerve damage or cubital tunnel syndrome. i am currently taking prednisone for the next 8 days. probably back to the doc after that, doesnt feel like it is healing.

Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    i currently have medial epicondylitis and have not lifted upper body in 6 weeks. i also have ulnar nerve damage or cubital tunnel syndrome. i am currently taking prednisone for the next 8 days. probably back to the doc after that, doesnt feel like it is healing.
    I feel for ya bro....must be tearing you up not to be able to do upperbody.......

I'm actually not sure... I was fine while running a cycle - then when I came off is when it seemed to hit. I started doing a lot more shoulder work - especially pull ups - and that's when I really started to feel it.

The other I notice is it hurts quite a bit while at work - I'm a developer.... I wonder if the use of a mouse all day isn't making things worse.

Oh well, guess I'll go with what works for everyone else. Rest, Ice and an elbow wrap seem to be what most suggest.

Thread Information