View Poll Results: Cardio on an empty stomach or with a little protein

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Empty stomach?

19 67.86%
  • Have some protein first?

9 32.14%

Cardio on empty stomch or not?

What is it........man, when I think I got it down I read a post like this.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=55866

I also read something about this in the zone book, but disregarded it because of all the reading I have done here about doing it on an empty stomach.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    Doing cardio on empty stomach first thing in the morning is good for fat loss, but also good for muscle loss. Way too catabolic. This was an old misconception. Another misconception is the "fat burning" zone of staying at low intensity while doing cardio so you just "burn the fat". The bottom line with cardio any time is creating a caloric deficit by burning as many calories as you can. This is what burns fat, raising your baseline metabolism for the day. And this is where HIIT shines.

So eat something before you go or not?

depends on your goals. read the first sentence of my previous post

at minimum you should have some bcaa's. personally i have the body type that is hard to gain muscle and easy to lose it. i dont do anything on an empty stomach

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are looking to lean up...cardio on an empty stomach. However you should work-out with something in your gut.

_/maximus\_ is offline New Member
    I do it empty stomach but not totally EMPTY. I mean you can't do it with full stom. because of the crunches squeeze the stom. and that makes you feel uncomfortable. I agree with GetPsycho, you should take some BCAA's or some Aminos. But still you are with empty stomach.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Whether you do cardio on an empty stomach or not. If your eating at maintenance and add cardio to your routine, your going to end up with a calorie deficit. Calries are burned either way.
    I personally walk 3.5 miles in the morning on an empty stomach because it fuels my appetite for the day. All other cardio sessions are done with food in me.

Well, I was told a few months back to do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach by people on here.

Man its hard to keep up. So if I did decide to eat, it sould be protein, is this right?

bump

bump

Also, I have been on a test fina cycle and am finishing it up with 6 weeks of winny. During the six weeks it is diet and cardio, but when I start PCT should I quit cardio and go to maintance level calories?

Totally agree, you have to have something in you so yu don't lose any muscle, who the hell wants to lose muscle whether they are trying to lean out or not........

Whatcha gonna do brother.......

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I also read something about this in the zone book, but disregarded it because of all the reading I have done here about doing it on an empty stomach.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people don't realize that your body needs energy in order to burn calories. It's hard to believe, but you can actually lose more, and quicker if you have food in you than you can on empty. You should just eat a little carbs to fuel the workout and your ability to burn calories.

snip

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I also read something about this in the zone book, but disregarded it because of all the reading I have done here about doing it on an empty stomach.
    Disregard this part of my post. I don't know how it got there. I never read or even heard of any zone book.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I agree that you should take some BCAA's before cardio. Maybe even some glutamine and a whey protien isolate drink to prevent catabolism.

at least a lil bit of complex carbs oatmeal, brown rice, etc. and then I too like the idea of isolate, but then again I never have went for that tommy hilfiger model look either....he-he

whatcha gonna do....

Thread Information