Thread: starting back

jdscott is offline New Member

starting back

I have taken a layoff from working out due to injurys piling up. I have worked out for 8 years with no more than a weekend off. I have been off for 3 weeks now and still have soreness between my bicep and forearm. I will start back in 3 weeks. My question is, when starting back would volume training be too much? I was going to do 8 sets of 8 reps, 1 exercise per workout. Mon.=squat:Tues = b. rows: ect.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscott
    I have taken a layoff from working out due to injurys piling up. I have worked out for 8 years with no more than a weekend off. I have been off for 3 weeks now and still have soreness between my bicep and forearm. I will start back in 3 weeks. My question is, when starting back would volume training be too much? I was going to do 8 sets of 8 reps, 1 exercise per workout. Mon.=squat:Tues = b. rows: ect.
    Id make sure you listen to your body... and im kicking a dead horse but make sure your concentrating on that muscle...

8 sets on the same excersice? try doin 4/4 maybe hitting at a different angle will help relieve some tension on your joint pain.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    My biggest suggestion is just to ease back into it. Very slowly and dont start really moving up in weight for a few weeks. The easiest way to hurt yourself again is to rush into the weights. Good Luck and hope to see some pics/progress reports.

Thread Information