SoccerObe is offline Junior Member

wanna lose fat doing cardio but not muscle. what should i do?

i have to get rid of my stomach and sides, but i dont want to lose anymuscle when doing cardio b/c thats what ive been hearing is that u lose muscle when u do cardio. so what exactly would u do to lose the fat on the belly but not lose muscle?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much can't. You don't have to lose any significant amount of muscle, but your body has to go after your muscle for energy before it will go for fat. If I had a problem with having a belly, I would probably try to find a good pro-hormone like 1-Testosterone . Steroids and good pro-hormones increase your lean body mass and tend to get your body to burn fat easier, which is why most people don't see any effect at first. Your body is dropping fat and increasing muscle, but you don't see anything until your muscle gain starts to outdo your fat loss. Then you start to gain weight. Not all steroids or pro-hormones cut body fat, but quite a few of them do.

thx.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Do a low-carb diet and start doing circuit training with weights.

Your heart can't tell the difference of what it's doing, it's going to pump either way whether you do weights or cardio. BUT doing circuit training is a mix of both. You get the positive effects from both in half the time. In other words, interval training. It's the best.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

pack your bags

and move to utopia

Valmont is offline Banned
    HIT Sprints

but dont u want to eat carbs right after u get done working out and then later for dinner?

peam is offline Suspended
    I don't know about keeping the muscle but if you want to lose weight don't eat carbs at dinner time. Eat them earlier in the day so you have a chance to burn it off. Otherwise your body just stores it as fat.

so eat some carbs before and right after u work out right?

peam is offline Suspended
    if you can eat right after I guess that's the best time to do it... I can never eat right after I work out... or I'll just end up throwing up

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    STOP EATING CHEESEBURGERS WHILE YOU ARE ON THE FUCKING TREAD MILL.
    Oh oh, and just because you are drinking a DIET COKE doesnt mean you can plow down two big macs.
    I never knew cardio will make you lose muscle. Usually, the first thing to go is the fat.
    Depending on the cardio you usually gain muscle such as your glutes if you jog or cycle. Calves if you are on the stepper.
    But I dont know... Just my opinion

ok thx for the replys

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I never knew cardio will make you lose muscle. Usually, the first thing to go is the fat.
    Depending on the cardio you usually gain muscle such as your glutes if you jog or cycle. Calves if you are on the stepper.
    But I dont know... Just my opinion[/QUOTE]

The last thing to go is the fat (always).

Show me one muscular jogger. Look at the next marathon and count the number of husky guys out there. There are none. If there are, they drop out after a mile or two.

People that cycle a lot and run a lot tend to have good definition, but not large in size.

while i was working out today i was talking to a guy who used to be a bodybuilder. he said what u need to do is jog, not fast, for 40 min. like 3 times a week and that will make u lose fat without burning muscle. he said he would run 28 miles and not lose any muscle b/c he jogged at a slow rate.

Thread Information