another stupid cardio question

I was curious about doing cardio after weights. Now before you jump the gun and say it is not the most efficient way to do cardio, let me speak.

I know when tring to loose weight that in the morning/empty stomach is good, but what about when you are just tring to maintain? I am happy where I am now (9% BF) but of course I am still doing cardio....1 health benefits, 2 so I can eat a little more throughout the day....like today I had a couple rice krispy treats and 6 chocolate chip cookies!!

I did 30 minutes of cardio tonight after my weight training and then IMMEIDIATELY slammed my protein shake. Wasn't really trying to loose fat with
    the cardio session, just trying to burn a couple cals. BUT...I WAS/AM trying to get the advantages of my protein shake.
    Will what I did affect muscle growth, protein shake absorbtion at all in a negative way?

I most of the time will still do cardio in the morning, but there will be days like today that it will workout better for me to do it after weights, just want to know of any negatives.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Doing cardio on an empty stomach is not good and not the best way to lose fat either.

Protein is really best taken between half an hour to an hour after your workout.

If you are primarily using the same muscles for cardio as you just finished working out, you may be shooting yourself in the foot as far as trying to build muscle. You are increasing your chances of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), wich isn't always a bad thing, but can be if not done properly.

Since you are just trying to just maintain, then I don't see any reason not to do cardio after your workout, but a good full body cardio movement can warm you up for your weight training and lessen your chances for injury.

Welll there are many people that would argue with your first statement.

I'm sure there are people that would argue with that first statment. They say the most dangerouse person is the one that only has a little knowledge.

Plenty of people only know a little bit about something and go around telling people that know even less than them. That's what we call the disimination of false information.

If you want to kill yourself, yes, doing cardio on an empty stomach will do it.

If you want your body to store everything that you put into it in fear that will have to put forth a substantial amount of work with no energy to fuel it, then, yes, doing cardio on an empty stomach is the best way to go.

Now that I think about it, mis-education is a better description.

Where is Swole when you need him?

Oh well. I'm willing to debate the fact with anyone that thinks that doing cardio is good on an empty stomach. I've been waiting.

Thread Information