rk713 is offline Junior Member

personal trainer

I have been working out for about a year now and decided i want to be a trainer. I am taking the NASM OPT training. Does anyone have any advice on were to apply after i finish the course. I am thinking about 24 hour fitness or Ballys. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    I hate to say it, 24Hour Fitness is shit for trainers. I just quit there. I saw maybe 2 trainers that knew anything about anything. That was two out of 13 trainers. The other HUGE Thing about that place, you better be a used car salesman (no offence for your used car salesman). That place is all about the money and how much you sell. They will never ask you about how your training is going but everyday they ask you if you sold anything and what you could do to sell more and more...

They have a numbers board to see who sells more. Your training manager will get paid depending on how much you sell and they get bonuses for more trainers they have. That is bad for you the more trainers there are. You will have to be able to tell people lies, yes lies just to sell training and supps. I hated evey minute of it. I liked training but it is not about that. Go to Balleys, I hear and only heard, that it is more about training and not soo much about money. Also, remember, you will be selling people THOUSANDS of dollars of training to people who just paid thousands of dollars for their membership. You are selling them something that is intangable. That is very hard to do.

Go our on your own. You only make 15 an hour if you make anything at all. You only get paid when you train. Out on your own you could be making 2-3 times that amount. Just remember about insurance on your own.

good luck....

later

rk713 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info. U think i will be better of working at a gym before doing it on my own. Do u have any suggestions on gettting started in that.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    You are on the right track w/ getting your certs. Get as many as you can from credited places. Maybe go to Ballys? Or a private gym that has personal trainers. DONT go to 24 Hour fitness they truely suck. Their gyms are ok but as far as personal training, :-(

good luck.....

Thread Information