Thread: workout order

surfer8784 is offline New Member

workout order

In my routine, I work arms the day after back. Is this bad? Do my bis need rest time after I work back? Same goes for tris; is it bad to work tris one day and chest the next or vice versa?

Anybody have direct experience in the from of personal results regarding the above questions? Thanks in advance guys.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    When you do a back day you do affect your arms..I do Back on Wedn. take Thurs. off and Hit arms on Fri. it works for me...when I do back I try to pull with my elbows not my bi's...

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer8784
    In my routine, I work arms the day after back. Is this bad? Do my bis need rest time after I work back? Same goes for tris; is it bad to work tris one day and chest the next or vice versa?

Anybody have direct experience in the from of personal results regarding the above questions? Thanks in advance guys.
    Personally I would not work tris before chest....I don't think it hurts my smaller muscles if I hit them the day after a larger muscle, BUT I always try to have a day between the two muscle groups.

This will give u any ex. of what I'm saying:

Last few months: Just started this:
    Mon. - chest/calves chest/calves
    Tues. - Back/traps back/traps
    Wed. - Delts/calves Quads/hams
    Thurs. - Quads/Hams Delts/calves
    Fri. - Bis/tris/forearms Bis/tris/forarms

See in my last few months I have had seperation of @ 48hrs. between chest,delts,and tris......this worked very well for me, but I needed alittle change to keep thinks fresh and not get bored...so I have moved to the one on the left for now.

Damn it didn't separate the workout like I wanted..........
    Old routine:
    M - chest/calves
    T - back/traps
    W - Delts/calves
    Th - Quads/Hams
    F - Bis/Tris/Forearms

New routine:
    M - Chest/calves
    T - Back/Traps
    W - Quads/Hams
    Th - Delts/calves
    F - Bis/Tris/Forearms

That looks better...sorry if the other confused anybody.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I make sure to isolate even on compound movements. As in... I never do a Bent Barbell Row with Palms up because it recruits too much from the biceps. Plus, perfect form plays a big role here too.

The indirect/supporting work from compound movements would keep the muscle group stimulated to avoid detraining.. since you work the body as a whole... a properly set up split would keep all bodyparts worked in a supporting role every 2-3 days. Not fully trained but merely recruited... since a day devoted to blasting that bodypart can take much more time depending on the loads the trainee uses, the muscle group size and it's recovery ability... as well as the trainee's ability to recover mentally. You should fully train a muscle group usually every 4-7 days (depending on those variables) but have it used at least in a supporting role every 2-3. Ya dig?

Personally I would sooner do Chest on a day before Triceps and not vice versa... since Chest requires a heavier load I don't want sore triceps to interfere. And the indirect/supporting work from the Triceps during the Chest workout wouldn't cause enough trauma to keep from pounding Triceps the next day...

I probably got ya all confused in my answer to your thread - but I often think about this. It usually determines how I set up rest days...

Warrior can u give an example of how u set up your rest days?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Warrior can u give an example of how u set up your rest days?
    It is different every week. Right now I am prioritizing for arm size. I have been alternating EDT days for arms (2, 20 minute supersets - very high intensity... the pump is unreal!) with a basic POF type day. I allow more recovery following EDT days because of the intensity level. I haven't used a Chest-on-Monday-and-Back-on-Wednesday type split in a long time. Basically, I vary how many days I give a bodypart to rest by how intense the last workout was, as well as the muscle group size and how I generally feel... as well as any external commitments I may have. As a general rule, I try and give about 3-5 days of rest for smaller muscle groups and 5-7 days for the larger...

Thread Information