A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member

Work out in morning or at night??

Which is better for bulking; working out at night or working out in the morning???
    THANKS

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I personally believe that it's up to you. If you have more energy in the morning then you should work out in the morning. If you have more energy in the afternoon, you should work out in the afternoon. If you have more energy in the evening, then you should work out in the evening. If you have try to work out during a time you don't have as much energy, then you will find yourself dragging yourself to workout and you'll be more likely to stop earlier and to quit working out all together.

If you work out closer to the time that you go to bed you have the advantage of growth hormone being released while you sleep. If you work out in the morning, you have the advantage of being able to eat plenty of meals before you go to bed.

I guess the ideal thing would be to work out early, eat a meal, take an afternoon nap, get up, eat another few meals, then go to bed for the night.

I know it kinda seems like I'm talking in circles, but the main thing is, even though it may be best to work out in the morning so that you can take a nap and still eat plenty, it does you no good if you're not a morning person and don't get your energy until the late afternoon. Which brings you right back to, it really depends on you.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I have to agree...you'll hear so many people say you have to workout in the morning. Even Arnold in his encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding implies that you don't have true dedication if you can't get up at 5am every morning for a workout. The fact of the matter is you have to work with what's best for you. I'm worthless in the morning. My strength declines, and my motivation is not the same - most of this is probably psychological, but that's how I am...i've tried to do morning workouts and they're never productive, for me. I've found that i do my best work mid-afternoon, but due to my schedule, a lot of times I don't get into the gym until 8pm or so...but I've found a system that works for me. Once I settled into what worked best for me, i started seeing better results...

sorry for the long-winded answer...i suppose a simple "yea, db's right" would have sufficed...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It's when you got time and feel comfortable. I do cardio in the morning, and workout right after work. It's a set routine that I don't stray from

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Evening. You have had a few meals and will be more metally prepared. Studies show that the body is warmest in the early evening as well - which improves a lot of variables; to include a safer environment for conective tissue.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I don't think that bulking up really has to do with the time you workout...just do it when you feel you're at your best for the day.

A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the input every one; this will realy help me get on a good schedule now!!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    No problem

Thread Information