Thread: bicep wideness?

Question bicep wideness?

besides genetics what workours can give a wideness or thickness to biceps? my outer is doing fine its the inner that needs a kick in the ass.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Genetics.

That sums it up.

People have the same question when it comes to the "Peaks" of their biceps. The simple role of doing more preacher curls, dumbell curls come into play. Then hope to god your family passed some good genes on to you.

i think the genetics might be there. its just my inner head of the bicep never gets sore or bigger what movements help that?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    maybe try a closer grip barbell. I'm not positive though, as i don't have that problem.

try this technique, when you are doing curls use the straight bar, grab the bar with a monkey grip thumb underneath the bar not rapped around, the key is to keep your wrist as limp as possible without resting the weight on your fingertips, keep them limp throughout the whole movement and focus on keeping your elbows in and simply squeezing nothing but your bi's, then counter your straight bars with dumbells, when holding the dumbells keep your elbows in and and angle your hand away from your midline then using this same limp technique squeeze the whole movement with concentrating on your inner peak, do all your lifts as heavy as possible but as strict as possible as well, don't swing the weight or use your back, I did this technique that I learned form a well noted BB and I put on a full inch on my arms in one summer, I used to have lagging inner peaks too but this cleared it right up.

Whatcha gonna do brother........

clipper is offline Associate Member
    Try a wide grip and narow grip on the curl bar. Also try the cabel curls. I do both wide and narow grip and have great biceps. You need to find what works for you. Try all the movemnts. See wich on works the inner head for you.

In this case I don't think the biceps are a muscle group that can be stimulated better for some people by using different movements, sure there are exceptions but when compared to muscles like the trapz the bi's are quite different, when training it isn't really how you lift so much as it is to how your muscles respond, but actually the bi's are pretty commonly shown to be stimulated and responded to by most in very simular ways. but wide grip does actually stim the inner head more than the close grip hence the dumbell part of my suggestion above. just a thought.

Whatcha gonna do btrother......

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Wide grips work the inner head best.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    reverse grip BB curls and hammer curls....... but yes genetics does dictate how the muscle grows but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Thread Information