Thread: Cardio for fat

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

Cardio for fat

ok currently I weigh 190lbs with an 11% body fat percentage

I am on fina right now and I take 75mg EOD
    I currently follow the workout that is on the main page which is lifting every other day as everyone whos seen it knows.

I would like to know what I can do on my days off that is the quickest fat burning cardio/exercise and will be safe for me to do since its a rest day(dont want it to hinder the workouts)

I dont think I am asking for much but I would like to lose about 5lbs of fat(atleast) within atleast a month period(faster if possible but this is the longest I am willing to take for it and I think its very managable for this time period)

all I have at my house (cardio wise) is a treadmill and stationary bike, however if there are other ways and such please tell me and I will make my best effort

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Walking at a fast pace is what i see most people doing. Low impact and burns more fat. crank up the tunes and speed walk for about 25 minutes.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to break it to you but it's NOT POSSIBLE.

190lbs X 0.11 = 20.9lbs fat

20.9lbs fat - 5lbs fat = 15.9lbs fat

15.9lbs fat / 190 = 8.4% body fat.

As you get lower and lower in the bf range, it becomes harder to lower your bf. If you're only planning to do this during your 'rest days' and your regular fitness routine is not geared to this goal, you will not make it in 1 month's time.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Wouldn't it be 15.9 fat @ 185 lbs =8.6 %

Not much of a diff I guess. It might be even less though cause in order to loose that 5lbs you'll most likely loose some muscle weight also.

I would do some form of cardio every day if its cutting your after. And there is no mention of diet. Diet is key. Its the most important thing to have in check when cutting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by brad fuel
    Sorry to break it to you but it's NOT POSSIBLE.

190lbs X 0.11 = 20.9lbs fat

20.9lbs fat - 5lbs fat = 15.9lbs fat

15.9lbs fat / 190 = 8.4% body fat.

As you get lower and lower in the bf range, it becomes harder to lower your bf. If you're only planning to do this during your 'rest days' and your regular fitness routine is not geared to this goal, you will not make it in 1 month's time.

well I do agree I might not make it in a month however, shouldnt your thing read

15.9%/185lbs? I know it probably doesnt make a big difference but just wondering

how about to just get into the single digit bf % area then?

also are you saying its not possible in a month or its not possible ever?

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    oh whoops. you guys caught me on that. you guys are correct, it should be 15.9bls fat / 185 lbs = 8.6%
    Thanks, i'll be sure to get it right on my body comp midterm this friday.

I'm saying it's not possible in a month if you're only doing cardio on your rest days. If you're entire work out is geared towards losing bf, yes it can be done. You will need to do cardio 4-5 days a week.

For it being not possible ever. no, not really. Keeping your body at 8% bf over a long period of time is harder. What was your bf before you started to work out? Everyone has a natural BF "set point" so to speak. This set point can go up and down permanantly a little. And it can be affected by training and diet a little. If you've always had a low bf then you probably can keep a bf of 8%. But if you've had a bf 25%, it's not likely you'll be able to maintain a bf of 8% over a prolonged period of time ever because it's just too much change for your body.

brad fuel

hey thank you for your response

I dont know what my set point body fat % is however the highest it ever was, was 13% if this helps any

Thread Information