symatech is offline Retired Moderator

questions concerning new workout<====

hey hey, recently I have been introducing DoggCrapp's training philosophy into my workouts. I do have a few questions which i was hoping you all could clarify. here goes

1)On a given day, both quads and glutes are hit. Now, I have exercises that isolate each muscle group, but then there are some that hit both. For instance: when Im doing squats, I hit the whole leg. This I am assuming counts as both quads and hams?

2)For the working set, he explains it quite simply as putting everything you have into the set. ok. lets say hypothetically that on squats I could pump out 6 reps at 405lbs. or i could hit 365 for 10. which would you suggest is better? he gives an example of doing hack squats for 20 reps. For this working set is it better to do many reps with lighter weight, or heavier weight for fewer reps? Keeping in mind both will completely exhaust me.

3)What are some other exercises for back thickness and width? I loves my deadlifts, and they really tax my back, but I suppose I'll need 3.

i have more but they are escaping me as of now. thanks for the input bros.

peace

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I don't know if I'd go 20 reps on the squats.
    Try 10-8-6 as heavy as you can go, and do a warm up set first for 15.
    Back thickness: Bent-over barbell rows, deads.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    thanks for your reply bro. yeah i wouldnt go 20 on squats either. are you suggesting that heavy weight lighter reps is better for the working set than less-heavy weight higher reps?

bump for more responses.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    bro....i have thourghly read doggcrapps plan and find it very informative, however i could not think of back exercise for both, so i have not used his plan as of yet, but i will bump for ya.

Bean666 is offline Junior Member
    if you dont suggest 20 rep squats, then you've never done em

find a 12-13 reps max on your squat, then do one more rep, one more rep, rest, etc... just keep resting enough for one more rep...
    after 20 reps, you wont need to do anymore sets... and until you've tried it, dont knock it... DC and IA both suggest you do this for a reason

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm in complete agreement with Bean when it comes to the 20 rep squat.

I understand number 1 could be confusing, but a squat would only count as your quad exercise. If you're not sure, refer back to the thread, DC lists one of his sample workouts.

For #2, except for legs, all other sets are done in rest pause fashion with a static at the end.

Back thickness exercises basically include any row or back flexion exercise, so you could use DL's as one of your back thickness exercises, however you might end up preffering an exercise like back extension over the DL for this type of training. You will probably find that genereally machines seem to also work better then free weights.

Back width exercises are pretty much any pulldown or pullup exercise. So usually its done in the vertical plane.

Other then that, just remember slow 6 second negatives and try to end each set on the negative except for the static. (if that exercise allows)

Lemme know if you have any more questions, I have been using this split for a bit now, and feel very comfortable with it now. The difference to me with this split as compared to many other splits that I've tried is that I really beleived in this split from the day I began .
    Last edited by saboudian; 10-29-2003 at 07:20 PM.

Bean666 is offline Junior Member
    i've run the split before, but i have to switch up every few weeks or so or i get burned out...
    i'm running a more IA style right now, but DC worked well until i got burnt

i also switch up 20 rep squats every other week, and run 2x15 squats both to failure... both are quite taxing in different ways

Thread Information