Vinyard is offline New Member

Help, Monkey arms!!!

Ok, I was at the gym last week with some friends and one of them told me that she thought I had extremely long arms. Now I never noticed it but I was out with my friends and asked my workout buddy who is a lot bigger than me (Im 6' and hes 6'3) and stronger if he thought my arms were too long. Sure enough we compared our arms to see whose was longer and my arms were quite a few inches longer than his. Now Ive always had long skinny arms and Im beggining to think this is the reason why they dont have to much size. Now my arms are not weak cause another one of my friends who is shorter than me has close to 17 inch arms and mine are a hell of a lot stronger than his. Now my question is are there any exercises that I could maybe do to put some serious mass on or is there anything else yall could recommend? Thanks bros!!!

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyard
    Ok, I was at the gym last week with some friends and one of them told me that she thought I had extremely long arms. Now I never noticed it but I was out with my friends and asked my workout buddy who is a lot bigger than me (Im 6' and hes 6'3) and stronger if he thought my arms were too long. Sure enough we compared our arms to see whose was longer and my arms were quite a few inches longer than his. Now Ive always had long skinny arms and Im beggining to think this is the reason why they dont have to much size. Now my arms are not weak cause another one of my friends who is shorter than me has close to 17 inch arms and mine are a hell of a lot stronger than his. Now my question is are there any exercises that I could maybe do to put some serious mass on or is there anything else yall could recommend? Thanks bros!!!

Go heavy...barbell curls/barbell curls...etc...eat/eat/eat and eat some more

gdawg0987 is offline New Member
    Definetly lift heavy, but to add mass to your arms you need to work more tri's than bi's because the triceps make up a greater portion of your arms than the biceps do. Stuff like close-grip bench and skull crushers are a couple of good mass builders for tri's.

Vinyard is offline New Member
    Thanks bros. I am about to go work out at the Y as soon as my work out buddy gets off work and I will be doing tris tonight, so I'll definetly give those a try.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'd be more worried about those monkey ears of yours.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    gdawg is right. Pay special attention to your tri's for the next couple of months, and I guarantee you'll see a difference. Big tri's will make your arms look twice as big.

Thread Information